Chapter 52: Precious Moments

Kamila

After the heartfelt and profound moment that we all had, we went to their backyard. Paglabas namin ng french door ay sumalubong sa amin ang tirik na araw at ang napakalawak nilang likuran. Sariwa rin ang simoy ng hangin dahil napapaligiran ng luntian, makakapal, at matataas na mga puno ang lugar, pero not to the point na mukha ng gubat iyon. In fact, all the trees are properly trimmed and the backyard ground is covered with well-mainted green bermuda grass.

Mr. and Mrs. Del—I mean Nay and Tay, and Kuya Creed went to the big outdoor kitchen on the right side of the property. There they joined Kuya Alejandro, Ate Jillian, and Kuya Neil who were cooking in the pots and grilling barbecue that smelled so good. I waved back at them with a huge smile on my face, siguradong masarap ang kanilang niluluto dahil amoy pa lang noon ay halos maglaway na ako. Habang si Kuya Ethan naman ay nagtungo muna sa babaeng may pulang buhok, which I know is Ate Reagan. He gave her a kiss and greeted the kids in the pool sweetly, and then walked to the table and chairs carrying his sister's daughter, Majalia Yevah.

Majalia and the rest of the baby Del Russos were upstairs earlier with the family's private nannies. They just woke up, Maria is still inside since she wants to get her kid, Natalia.

Soon enough, Maria emerged from the house carrying Natalia. She paused and introduced me to her cute baby, she then took Natalia to the table where Ethan and Ate Madison were sitting. Busy si Ate Madison dahil kausap niya sa laptop si Ate Vlanca.

"Go on." I said to Miguel and nudged him since hesitant siyang iwanan ako.

"You sure?"

"Yes, my love. Go have fun." I said. He planted a kiss on my temple before he peeled himself away from me and headed in the kitchen's direction.

"Maree! Lika dito!" Ate Reagan quickly waved at me. She was sitting by the pool in her cute casual sunny day outfit, habang may glass ng wine sa kanyang tabi. I waved back at her as I walked. She is so pretty that she reminds of that one Canadian Actress Dani Kind. I saw her in a show. Except Ate Reagan has brown eyes, flaming red hair, taller, has fuller lips, and she is younger.

"Hello!" Bati ko at nakipag-beso sa kaniya bago ako umupo. Buti na lamang ay naka-simpleng shorts at t-shirt lamang ako kaya pwede kong ilublob kahit papaano ang aking mga hita sa tubig. I wanted to dress up earlier, but then Miguel told me that his family isn't a fan of fancy meet-ups. Buti na lamang ay nakinig ako dahil kung hindi ay magiging overdressed ako, since everyone is just in their casual clothes, including Ate Madison, since she changed before she head out of the house.

"Pakshet, may spokening dollars na tayo sa family." Nakangising sabi niya.

"Uy, hindi naman. Mukha lang akong spokening dollars, pero magaling akong mag-tagalog noh."

She chuckled.

"Eme lang. Pero hindi ka mukhang filipino, mare."

"Aren't you a ginger like me too?"

She shook her head.

"Hindi ah. Filipina ako, puro at tapat." She even flipped her hair.

Tumawa ako.

"Gusto ko lang talagang kinukuluyan ang buhok ko ng pula, symbolizes something important to me." Sagot niya na ikinatango ako. "Pero mare, matanong ko lang,"

"Hm?"

"...So kung natural na kulay pula ang buhok mo, pula rin ba 'yung.."

I grinned and nodded.

"Oo, mare!"

She giggled and playfully slapped my arm.

"Pakshet, sana all!"