Chapter 32: 'hi crush, it's me again (;'

hello, roses. this is me acting like I didn't do anything last chapter HAHAHA jk.

 anyway, happy reading! (?)

***

Vaughn Miguel

"No offense meant Kuya Si but—"

He stopped typing and rotated his swivel chair to my direction and then said, "Statistically speaking a sentence starting with 'no offense meant' actually ends up offending someone seventy-five percent of the time. The probability of you not offending me is less but I guess I'll take my chance, what is it, Miggy-boy?"

Napakamot naman ako sa aking batok.

"U-Uh, well, I was thinking that you should just let me travel and find her. I mean, Kuya Ezekiel found my sister even though he was banned from P.I services." I said.

Kasalukuyan pa rin kaming narito sa kanyang computer room. It is not big but it is enough to accommodate the big monitors on the wall in front of us, the big cpu's on the floor and the table with sets of keyboards. We've been here inside this warehouse for two days, and we still have nothing. It's not that I am ungrateful but it's just that every second that Kamila is out there, all alone, the more chance that W-1716 will find her.

"Look, dude, that sounds really romantic and you almost made my heart cry." His tone is dead, which made it funny. "Pero hindi wanted na secret agent si Kuya Ezekiel, at hindi top 3 wanted criminal ng W-1716 ang Ate Vlanca mo. Also, Trinity Huang helped him, I mean she is a mean woman and has done things but come on give her credit." He shrugged.

Napabuntong hininga naman ako. He's right.

"And if so, saan ka magsisimula?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Has she mentioned any places or do you know any places that she would go to?"

"You're right, I'm sorry."

He shook his head and offered a sympathetic smile.

"Nah, dude. I get it.....you're frustrated but honestly, all we could do is wait." He said and turned back to the big monitors with random numbers and keys. "I am writing another algorithm to find her, because she's basically a ghost," He murmured habang nagtitipa siya. The characters on the screen are reflecting on his glasses. "It's either magaling siyang magtago sa mga camera or may inside person na nagtatago sa kanya..." Kuya Simon added.

I nodded in understanding. I then let out a sigh and stood up from my chair.

"Just gonna get some air." Sabi ko sa kanya at tinapik ang kanyang balikat bago ako lumabas ng kwarto. When I stepped out, I walked towards the interior balcony. Nanghihina na lamang akong napatitig sa baba kung nasaan ang first floor ng bahay.

I have been sleepless for the past couple of days. Tila ayaw mag-relax ng fight or flight response ko at parating mabilis ang tibok ng puso ko. I am anxious and I am restless because I worry for Kamila. I know that she can handle herself just fine, but not when a whole organization is after her. I know that I should be doing something right now, like looking for her, but like Kuya Si said, I have nowhere to start. And by now, I know that she is underground. Mas lalo akong walang silbi doon.