Chapter 44: Bluff

Kamila

It seemed like the W-1716 believed that Miguel was all alone, dahil nang makalabas kami mula sa tunnel ay parang walang nangyari sa paligid. The vans and the hearse are nowhere in sight. I wanted to look around and see if there's even a trace of blood on the concrete road or the green grass, but I couldn't, because we are out of time. So, no matter how much I wanted to stick around and look, I just discreetly slid out of the mausoleum with the team and with the knocked out suspects. We had to drag them out because they are unconscious. Ana induced them with a nonharmful drug that will make them fall asleep for a couple of hours.

The backup car that I called picked us all up together with the suspects. We're headed to the Pier, pero mabilis kaming huminto sa gilid ng daan upang ihulog ang mga natutulog na mga suspect, kasama ng mga droga at pera nila. We only drove away after we called 911 with an anonymous tip about four people with drugs on the side of the road. There was traffic and the pier was a bit far away, but we reached the area around eight in the evening.

"Everyone, thank you for participating, you will be compensated through an anonymous wired payment to your bank accounts. And you will need to lie-low until things cool down." I said nang makababa kami sa itim na delivery van. The skies were already dark, at ang tanging nagsisilbing liwanag na lamang sa paligid ay ang mga ilaw na nagmumula sa cranes sa taas. There are also some lights on top of the piled container vans that are surrounding us.

I walked towards my kind people, I gave them all grateful hugs and handshakes.

"You didn't have to pay us. You know that we would do this for free. You saved us from Protacio's hell, and helping you is the least thing that we could do." Collin said nang matapos ko siyang yakapin.

I smiled at him and to all the people who nodded in agreement. Collin is a short, dark, and bright young man. He was a captive too in that monster's mansion. He ended up there, dahil hindi nakapag-bayad ang kanyang tiyuhin na adik kay Protacio. So, that motherfúcker gave poor Collin to Protacio as 'payment'. He was about to be trafficked when we rescued Collin.

Now, that bad uncle is now in jail and Collin is under the STEM program in Pratt Institute.

"Tsk, don't mention it." I said with a smile. "And I would pay you anyway because New York is not cheap, and that you all have families, so please, accept it."

"Thanks, boss." Collin hugged me again.

"Shut up, I am not your boss."

Tumawa lamang siya. I waved to them as they scattered to run for their cars. I sighed when all their cars finally left the area.

Nang bumaling ako kay Ana ay nakaupo siya sa likuran ng nakabukas na van,  habang nasa loob pa rin si Spader na mahimbing na natutulog. His GSW to the leg has been taken care of by Collin right before we even leave the tunnel, so he's not gonna die...but he might not walk the same again because according to Collin, the bullet hit a tendon.

But I honestly couldn't care less if he loses his leg or even his left testicle, because we are not going to be in this situation if it weren't for his lies and greediness....if it weren't for him, I wouldn't lose sight of the love of my life.

My heart ached.

..I am still optimistic that my boyfriend and my baby is still out there. Completely breathing and not dead...

Because god forbid they killed him, I will end all of them with my barehands and chop them into bite sized pieces.

I took a deep breath and collected myself.

"Did Larkin leave any sign?" Agad kong tanong kay Ana, habang nagtitipa siya sa spare laptop na nakuha niya sa loob ng van. This vehicle is part of my backup plan, sa loob nito ay may first aid kit, money, at devices.