Chapter 21: STDs or Feelings?

Vaughn Miguel

Napabuntong hininga ako nang maramdaman ko ang aking matigas na pagkalalaki sa loob ng aking boxers.

"Dåmn it, bumaba ka na. Walang mangyayari." Bulong ko, but then when I imagined Kamila dancing, it just twitched again.

I sighed heavily and buried my face in my pillow.

My situation is not getting any better. Me being distant and away from her should do me something good and should be for the better, subalit sa bawat paglipas ng araw ay mas lalo lamang lumala iyon.

For the past few days, I get irritated so easily, I can't sleep properly and when I do, I dream about her, I get boners whenever I think about her, I wonder what she does every hour....naiisip ko din ang mga posibleng nararamdaman niya dahil sa paglayo ko....and the urge to come bounce back to her gets stronger each day.

But I can't.

She's bad for me....but it feels so fúcking good to be near her.

Nagpakawala akong muli ng buntong hininga at idinantay ang aking pisngi sa unan.

From here, I can see the peach colored wall, Ate Vlanca's former study table, and the window near it. Mataas na ang sikat ng araw, the light is already seeping through the curtains but I dont mind because I don't have work today since I took a day off. It's better that I am off the field dahil hindi talaga ako makapag-focus sa trabaho.

I literally have no plans today but just fight off the thoughts about her and the urge to just come back.

I was planning to lay in my bed for thirty more minutes, pero napurnada iyon nang may narinig akong sunod-sunod na katok sa pintuan. Agad naman akong tumayo at naglakad patungo sa main door, when I swung it open, Kuya B's smiling face greeted me.

"Hi, baby boy."

"Tsk," I rolled my eyes.

"Are you here to annoy Ate Carmel? She's at the hospital."

"That's true, but I am here to check if may pagkain pa siya fridge. If there are none, I'll go grocery shopping for her."

Dahan-dahan naman akong napatango.

"Gosh, manliligaw na pang-boyfriend na ang level ng care?"

His pearl white teeth showed when he grinned.

"You see, Miguel, I don't aim for the 'boyfriend' title. I aim for the man that she will take to the altar, or to the court, or wherever she wants, as long as I am her husband and the man that she grows old with."

Dåmn. Napailing na lang ako.

"Tama nga si Ate Carmel.." Bulong ko. Kuya B doesn't feel real at all. He's like those guys in pocket books.

His brown eyes gleamed in joy, before he excitedly asked, "She mentioned me to you?!"

"Yes, and I am not gonna say anything because I don't want her to get mad at me."

His shoulder sagged and he pouted.

"Come on, man!"

I chuckled softly before I opened the door wider.

"I promise you, it's nothing bad...and pumasok ka na nga, bago pa magbago ang isip ko, Kuya."

He just shook his head and patted my shoulder for a moment.

Looks like Kuya B has no work today too because he's wearing a cute outfit, which consists of a pink cropped hoodie and a pair of dark jeans. His abs are on full display, and his shirt has a print that says 'If The Color Pink Scares You, You're Not A Real Man.'