Chapter 43: So, Kami Pa Raw Mga Babae Ang Ma-Drama?!

Hi, ang SCOTUS ay gawa-gawa lamang ng illuminati–—- joke lang, haha! Sorry, medyo na-late 'to ha. I wasn't able to write this sooner, since I had to do a lot of case readings for a class.

But anyway, ya gorl pulled through and was able to finish this, lol. Happy reading! (?)

***

Kamila

Tila hindi ako makahakbang ng maayos matapos naming marinig ang putok ng baril mula sa taas kanina. I had to pause and rest my back against the gray concrete walls and calm myself. All the while Ana is standing a few feet away from me, observing and with compassion in her eyes. For the first time in a few years that we've been together as friends and as work associates, she has nothing comforting, mean, nor witty remarks....she's just as shocked as me...

"He can't d-die..." I murmured as tears continued to roll down my cheeks. I can't seem to breathe.

"Ate Kamila, look at me, please." She said after a few moments and held my hand. I looked at her through my blurry vision.  "As a woman in STEM and as a Scientist, I live by the saying; 'to see is to believe.' Because my years in Academia had been all about proof and evidence. I couldn't prove my hypotheses with just words. I've conducted many exhausting research and experiments with my subjects and variables, until I've had enough evidence to either come to a right or wrong conclusion. It's either that or nothing at all. And I am so sorry I am bombarding you with my nerdy shît but what I am saying is that the shooting didn't happen unless we saw the body, alright?" Firm at coherent niyang sabi habang nakatingin sa akin.

I love that she's being optimistic right now, but still my heart aches at the thought of him dy—I can't even think about or say it.

"It did not happen unless we saw it, and we cannot prove that it if we get stuck here." She added. "We have to get out of here and look for Larkin too, because they t-took her..." She murmured and took off her earpiece. I took off my earpiece when Miguel disconnected earlier. So si Ana ang nakarinig ng huling sinabi ni Larkin kanina. "The last thing I heard was her screams and then everything went static as if she destroyed every evidence, before she let them take her..." Parang nanghihina niyang sabi.

I weakly nodded and squeezed her hand.

"They won't hurt her. Larkin's exceptional talent will work in her favor because she'll be more valuable to them if she's breathing." Napalunok ako bago ako nagpatuloy. "She didn't betray a whole organization, so she has a better chance of l-living."

Muling kumirot ang aking dibdib, but I didn't let myself wallow in bad thoughts and self pity.

"You're right, Ana. We gotta keep going.  It's just a matter of time before they realize that there's a tunnel." I said and stood up properly again.  Hindi basta-basta malalaman ng W-1716 na may tunnel sa ilalim ng mausoleum dahil nasa loob ng fake na nitso ang entrance sa tunnel na ito.

"We will see this through." I told her with a tone, stronger than before. She nodded and smiled.

I then wiped my tear-stained cheeks before we proceeded to walk to the end of the tunnel.

Nang makarating kami doon ay may kulay puting pintong nakaawang. Sa magkabilang gilid noon ay ang members ng team na nakatayo.

"He's inside with a few friends." Sabi ni Collin.

We both nodded and thanked them.

Nang makapasok kami ay sumalubong sa amin ang maalingasaw na amoy ng droga sa hangin. There were bags of cøcainé, briefcases of money, and other paraphernalias on his wooden table in the middle of the room. Habang sa gilid noon ay may apat na taong nakadapa at nakatali sa sahig. The four members of the team were standing behind them, making sure they don't do anything stupid.