Chapter 18: Change of Plans

Vaughn Miguel

"Soooo, you gonna tell me about your girl—"

"She's not my girl." I said through gritted teeth, habang nag-aayos ng bagong shipment ng libro dito sa dulong bahagi ng shelf.

Ngumisi naman si Ate Carmel sa akin bago siya kumuha ng dalawang libro mula sa book cart na nasa aming likuran. I went straight to work after I you know Kamila. Pagdating ko ay dito ako sa taas na-assign. I immediately did my job because I don't want to think about screwing Kamila again. I was a few books into re-stocking, when Ate Carmel walked through the double doors with casual clothes and a bookstore apron in her hand.

Apparently, she was assigned here, because we're short staffed with book store employees.

She can be assigned in any bookstore because even though she's not a secret agent, she is still a part of W-1716's umbrella corporation.

"Okay, fine. Not your girl....pero what the hell? You called me while I was in the middle of my duty to ask for a norethindrone prescription." Sabi niya at sumdandal sa kakaayos lang niyang shelf. She squinted her eyes and crossed her arms. She was wearing a simple pink sleeveless shirt, that's why I can see her tattoos around her slim arm. "That wasn't very you, it's either you grew ovaries or you're fu—"

"Ate." Pinandilatan ko siya na ikinangisi lang niya.

Kagabi ay tinawagan ko siya, asking if it's possible for her to send me a prescription. Binigay naman niya sa akin iyon after I told her some of Kamila's health info. A few months ago, I wouldn't have thought that I'd have to ask for a pill prescription, but I did. I don't know what is happening with me...I don't know what I am doing, but I do know that with all my involvement and physical attraction for Kamila, I am almost certain that it can lead me to bad places in the end.

It can destroy me and my whole career, and that fúcking scares me....but I cannot stop myself from wanting her or even stay away from her.

"Come on, give me something...ooorrr do you want me to conduct the mind games that they teach us in Quanti—"

"Fine," I said and pulled the cart. Nakangisi siyang sumunod siya sa akin. "I am...sleeping with... someone." I admitted with red cheeks. Huminto naman ako sa tapat ng isang parte ng shelf kung saan may gulo-gulo na mga libro, I fixed it while she stand beside me with a grin.

"No shît sherlock. What else? Is it good or pwede na?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

Lumunok muna ako.

"...m-masarap."

She covered her mouth and chuckled loudly. Napatingin naman sa amin ang ilang customers na tumitingin ng libro.

"Shi—I mean, sorry.." Sabi niya, bago siya lumapit sa akin ng ilang hakbang pa, upang hindi sa kanya maingayan 'yung mga customers. With a grin, she patted me on the back, bahagya akong napaubo. Dåmn, she may not have visible or protruding muscles but she is strong.

"Your siblings–—especially Vlanca, will have a field day with you, baby boy."

Napatigil naman ako sa paga-ayos at tuluyang napabaling sa kanya.

"Can you not tell them?"

"Kawawa ka sa family dinner!"

"Ate Carmel kasiii,"

"Pilitin mo muna ako."

I rolled my eyes, she chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, your secret is safe."