Chapter 17: While It Lasts

Kamila

Dahan-dahan akong bumaba sa hagdanan habang nakahawak ako sa aking puson. Bahagya akong napaigik nang humakbang akong muli.

'Yan kasi, napakalandi. I rolled my eyes when I heard my subconscious butted in.

It hurts, oh my gosh. This whole situation reminds of me of that time when I was in Atlanta, Georgia. My target at that time was in a five star hotel room, and I had to watch his movements for a couple days, so that I wouldn't fück up when I finally stole from him. I had to bribe three security guards and survey my target from the CCTV room of the hotel.

Through the days that I was sitting in front of the many monitors, I've seen many footages of other people, kasama na doon ang isang babae at isang lalaki sa elevator. It was a pretty interesting one dahil naglalandian sila, the whole time they were in the elevator. They went out kissing and obviously into each other, and then two hours later, the girl came back alone...and she was having a hard time walking. Now, we all know what went down in those two hours, and I now know what she felt.

I let out a shaky breath nang makarating ako sa baba ng hagdanan. Napahawak pa ako sa banister sandali. I am a fit woman but Miguel wears me out, every-goddåmn-time. I don't know if it's because he's young or maybe his libido is higher than a freaking rabbit.

Habang nakatayo ako doon at nagiipon ng lakas ay nahagip ng aking mga mata ang kawawang living room. Ilang hakbang lamang ang layo noon sa akin, kaya naman kitang-kita ko ang naka-paling na coffee table, ang punit kong mga damit sa sahig at ang couch na very broken.

Napailing na lamang ako bago ako iika-ikang lumakad patungo sa kusina. I am wearing nothing but his crumpled and big shirt. In every step I make, I can feel the soreness between my legs, buti na lamang ay wala akong suot na underwear, dahil kung mayroon ay mas lalong uncomfortable.

Napahawak naman ako sa isa sa mga stool na nakapaligid sa counter table nang makarating ako sa kusina.

Napakagat ako sa aking pang-ibabang labi sandali nang makita ko ang rectangular box ng pills. I don't know how Miguel got his hands on it...but he did get it last night, together with the plan B and food. And after all the nasty shît that we did last night, I really have to take one right now. Kaya naman iika-ika akong kumuha ng baso mula sa wooden cabinet. I then walked towards the fridge and poured some water in my glass.

Iiki-ika ko iyon na dinala pabalik sa island counter table. I quickly peeled the foil covering and threw a pill in my mouth. I then swallowed it with water. I grimaced and settled the glass on the table. After what happened on the couch, we didn't do it raw anymore. He used the cøndóms that he bought, and he has to use it again or pull out, for a couple of days, until the pill is effective.

Habang narito ako at nagko-contemplate ng life decisions ko ay nasa kwarto ko siya, bagsak.

Napalunok ako bago ko inabot ang pill box.

This is the first time that I took a birth control pill. I had no reason to take it before dahil bearable naman ang period cramps ko at hindi ako séxually active. Also before all these happened, my head was clear and I was focused on one thing. I was the leader, the boss-bîtch. I always know what to do and what's the outcome of my actions but for the first time in my life, I went in blind and I honestly don't know what the fúck I am doing.

All I know is that it is bad for me, that it feels so fücking good, and I cannot resist him. I also know that I will have to leave behind whatever this fantasy is in less than a week... so I better enjoy it while it lasts.

"Kamila?" I heard his raspy voice and his footsteps on the stairs.

Napapikit ako sandali, and the beast is awake. Shît.