Chapter 39: Focus

Vaughn Miguel

"We're gonna meet up with my contact here..." Sabi ni Kamila at itinuro ang isang post-it note na nakapakat sa dingding. I nodded as I looked at the location written on the paper. I took a mental picture, and then bam, I already memorized it.

Kasalukuyan siyang nakatayo sa aking harapan habang nakaupo ako dito sa sahig. We pushed the couch set to the side and used the big wall behind it as a board. Kaya naman ngayon ay may labinlima nang sticky notes na napakat sa dingding, all of it has our handwriting of the important points of our plans.

Matapos niya sa aking sabihin na kailangan naming pumunta ng New York, specifically around Brooklyn, dahil ayon sa gagøng club owner na kinailangan niyang kausapin ay doon patungo si Spader. We don't have the full assurance that he'll be there but we have to take the chance, especially now that both of us are literally on the line. So, we started planning our departure from the Philippines and what exactly we're gonna do in New York.

We've exhausted every teeny tiny detail, and have covered any possible mishaps that we might encounter, but we didn't stop there. Kahit na ngayong papalubog na ang araw ay hindi pa rin kami tumitigil sa pag-uusap at pagiisip ng posibleng back-ups.

I am swimming into my thoughts but I could still comprehend everything that she's going over so far....

As I sat here on the floor and as I looked at her, I couldn't help but to just admire her.....From everything that I learned since yesterday, I loved this woman even more. She is not perfect or a typical woman, because she is extraordinary and amazing.

What she's been through definitely wasn't easy. I am thankful that she felt comfortable enough to tell me everything. This woman deserves nothing but the best and all the love in this world...and that's what I am going to give her now and once everything is over.

"...They're gonna transport us through a ship.." She continued, and I nodded again.

I titled my head as I listened to her.

I shouldn't be having this thought......but there is something so hot about a woman being assertive and speaking confidently....I am absolutely not talking about other women, I am talking about my woman, Kamila. As she stand in front of me wearing an oversized t-shirt and a pajama, talking about our plans, I can't help myself but to feel so aroused because

She's just so articulate and the way she spoke indicates that she mustered the plan in her head already.

I adjusted my pants. Shît. I hope she doesn't notice that.

But I was wrong, dahil habang nagsasalita siya tungkol sa huling parte ng plano naman ay tumigil siya at tumitig sa akin habang naniningkit ang kanyang mga mata.

"Huh? W-What?" Tanong ko.

Pumamewang naman siya.

"Baby, why do you have a bøner?"

"What? Huh? Bøner?" Usal ko, bago ko binaba ang tingin ko sa aking sweatpants. I just cussed under my breath because there is a tent already.

My cheeks reddened.

"Sorry, you're just so hot when you're on your 'boss' mode." Pag-amin ko.

She crossed arms and nibbled on her lower lip for a moment.

"Thank you, but Miguel, we must focus." She firmly said.

Sunod-sunod naman akong tumango. She is absolutely right, it's just that my stupid libido can't control itself whenever she's around, grr.

"Yes, sorry," Seryoso kong sagot. "We're just gonna focus and not do anything else."

"Okay, so—"