Chapter 38: Operation: Disappear & Execute

Kamila

It didn't take us long to reach the dinner table since hindi naman kalakihan ang safe house na ito. Oras na lumabas ka sa elevator at humarap ka sa kaliwang bahagi mo ay bubungad sa'yo ang couch, the two rectangular tinted windows, and a few feet away is the bathroom door and the walk-in closet. And when you look at your right side, you'll see a big monitor mounted on the wall, a small kitchen on the corner and a small dinner table for two.

He pulled the chair for me, bago siya tuluyang umupo sa katapat kong upuan. I was pretty impressed with the view in front of me, not only because he's sitting topless, but also because of the impressive looking food that he prepared. I immediately dug into my plate because the sliced tomatoes, avocados, and the huge omellete looked soooo inviting.

I am very lucky with this man because he is thoughtful, sweet, and...has tried to cook for me. Key word; tried, dahil if I am going to be absolutely honest, lasog-lasog ang itlog at crunchy 'yung gulay na inihalo niya doon. But still, I ate it with a smile on my face because he looked so proud of his cooking.

And it's actually not that bad......just the texture.

After we ate, I didn't have to convince him anymore that he has to let me wash the dishes because this safe house has a dishwasher machine. With our big glasses of water we sat back down on the dinner table. I am once again ready to tell him the rest of what happened to the SNP, and what I really do.

"So ang naging pangalan ng buong operasyon namin ay; operation: disappear and execute," I said to him. He nodded, his eyes and attention were completely on me, as he sat on the opposite chair. This time, he's wearing a black t-shirt. I told him to wear it since I cannot focus when his greek-god of a body is in my view.

"Iyon ang naging pangalan dahil ang unang step sa plano namin ay mag-disappear. That meant that we liquidated everything from bank accounts to apartments. It was gone. Nada." I said. "But that's just the surface level because we actually have to disappear. So we went into the darkweb and trolled for someone who can erase the whole civilian existence of Kamila Smith and James Spader..."

"That's his name?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, and he was half white and latino."

It was his turn to nod.

"Anyway, as we were looking, we came across this pop-up 'ad', turns out that's how Larkin did her business back then. We clicked into it, and then bam, she pulled our location and phone number. Three seconds later, my phone was ringing with a number from Belarus. Noong sinagot ko ang tawag ay ang bungad niya ay sunod-sunod na mga tanong, ang una doon ay bakit daw nasa darkweb ang dalawang Marine soldiers, and that we have exactly ten minutes to tell her what we want from her. I wanted to giggle in disbelief, because she sounds like a kid, her voice was those cartoon-like small voices." I said and chuckled a little. Napangiti naman siya.

"Mind you, I was eighteen at that time, and that makes her......thirteen years old."

"Dåmn." He replied in surprise.

Dahan-dahan akong napatango matapos akong lumagok ng tubig.

"Yeah, we were literally dealing with a kid, but then who am I to not take her seriously when this kid has all our information in her hands."

"You got a point." Sabi niya na ikinatawa ko naman.

"I did, and so, I told her what I wanted to happen...I said that I want me and Spader to be erased from any database, and that we were never in the foster system, high school students, and soldiers. After I wired the payment into her bitcoin account, in a snap, we disappeared from the face of the normal world." I said with amazement in my tone. "Couldn't believe that a thirteen year old gifted girl gave me a blank start, just like that."