Chapter 45: There It Is

Kamila

When I was brought back to conciousness, the ceiling lights blinded me for a moment. My vision was still a little blurry, subalit nakakakita na ako kahit papaano. Nang bumaba ang aking tingin sa aking mga kamay ay nakita ko na nakatali iyon pareho sa magkabilang armrest ng puting swivel chair. I tried to move my feet but it was bound together. When I looked up I noticed that I was in a room that looked like a meeting room, and that I was sitting at the end of a conference table.

When my vision fully adjusted, napasinghap ako sa gulat, dahil may babaeng nakaupo sa kabilang dulo ng babasaging lamesa. She looks like she's just in her early thirties. Her dark hair was neatly parted in the middle and it was tied in a low ponytail. She's wearing a non-traditional black suit. Instead of wearing a formal shirt underneath her expensive looking coat, she was wearing a silk white sleeveless croptop with a sweetheart heart neckline, exposing more of her porcelain skin. Mayroon din siyang suot na shoulder holster, kaya kita ko na may dalawa siyang handgun sa kanyang mga bewang. There were also dark inks snaking around her delicate neck. Her hands were elegantly clasped in front of her, as she sat with a perfect posture.

Her eyes were the darkest shade of brown that if her pupils dilated, you won't even notice it.

Napalunok ako nang magsalubong ang aming mga mata. Somehow, my heart thudded in fear.

She's not even saying a word and yet she's already intimidating.

"Hello, Kamila." She asked in a sophisticated and calmed tone like this whole thing is a normal Wednesday for her.

"W-Who the fúck are you?"

"Watch your mouth, binibini."

"I can say whatever the fück I want—"

I stopped myself and my spine erect when she stood up. God. She is tall. Her black trousers suitedly wrapped around her long legs. Her heels clicked against the tiled floors as she calmly yet intimidatingly walked towards me.

"Thank you." She said when I didn't do or say anything but just look at her in silence.

She sighed softly and pulled the closest seat from the table and sat on it.

"Oh, Kamila, what would I do with you, binibini?" She rhetorically asked as she elegantly crossed her legs. "I took over the organization about nine years ago, and when I say that I have never ever encountered the circumstances that you had put us in until you happened, I mean it. I had to send people everywhere in the United States just to look for you and the golden boy, because I know that you would wanna go back to familiar territory, and I was right."

Napalunok ako.

"W-Who are you?"

Her full and red lips formed in a small smile—If our situation were any different, I would've thought that she's being friendly.

"Ako si Pinuno, Kamila. It's nice to meet you."

Napalunok akong muli.

"Nice to meet you?" I scoffed in disbelief. "I am literally tied to a chair. I want to know where he is! Where is he?! What did you d-do to him?! Is he...dead?!" I glared at her.

She cocked her left perfectly groomed eyebrow.

"Would it matter if he is?"

My heart dropped and the anger roared through my veins.

"You know what, Pinuno?" I asked in a mocking tone. "Fück you and this whole góddåmn organization! Hindi kayo tinraydor ni Miguel. He didn't commit any heinous crimes when he was with me. He didn't conspire anything and guess what?! I forced him to harbor me!" Nanginginig ang aking tono sa galit, habang kalmante lamang siyang pinapanood ako. "I blackmailed him, alright?! Kung hindi siya pumayag ay ini-leak ko na sana ang nalalaman ko tungkol sa sekretong organisasyong ito!" I felt the hot tears roll down my cheeks. She didn't even move a muscle, she just sat there like a villain that she is, and watched me break down with pleasure.