chapter 16

Laylah

It smells like her

I sniffed again the fabric of Maxine's hoodie and smiled at myself . I was now back home , done with homework , done with my night routine , done with everything I had to do .

My dad was downstairs watching a baseball game with Alex's , Amber's and Ginny's dad . They all shared the same passion . Baseball .

Ginny came over and she was going to spend the night . The others had things to do . "Tell me Laylah" Ginny said again , excited . She has been asking me who's hoodie was it , what happened in the car for the past ten minutes "Okay , okay I'll tell you" I said giggling to myself .

"There was this guy at the mall that tried to ... you know and Maxine saved me . Then in the bathroom she waited for me to finish my business and gave me her hoodie , the one I'm wearing now . Then while we were walking to the car we held hands . God she's so pretty and hot and cute and adorable" I said and Ginny was looking at me with her mouth open . It was like it had reached the floor .

I stopped talking, waiting for her reaction . "Oh my god ... You are going to have a girlfriend !" she said excited , in a high pitched voice . My cheeks hit up and I smiled . "She told me a girl liked me but wouldn't tell me her name" I said and looked at my hands .

"It's her" she said confidently. "She would never like me . She likes confident girls , not shy" I said to her "She likes you L . Get the hint" she said and I laughed at her silly thought .

"Maxine likes girls with-" I started again but I was cut off by Ginny . Again . "Maxine used to like that kind of girls . Do you know how many girls waved at her and tried to throw themselves on her ?" she asked and I shook my head as a no . "A lot . More than ten" she said and took a breath before continuing

"Her response ? 'I'm not interested' and she wouldn't even look at them" she finished and I looked at her in surprise .

Maxine had the reputation of a player in our school and I have seen her talk to a girl after the other . What Ginny said was like it was coming out of a book . I opened my mouth to say something but my phone rang .

I grabbed it and looked at the name that popped up .

Maxine

I picked up the phone and placed it on my ear .

"Hi" Maxine's voice said . "Hi" I said back and started playing with the strings of her hoodie , which I was still wearing . "I'm glad you called," I blurted out . "Yeah ?" she replayed with a teasing tone "Yeah" I said with a smile . My eyes flew to Ginny who was smirking at me .

"So" I said to her "I just missed you voice" she said and I blushed "Oh" I replied

Really Laylah ? Oh ?

"Also you forgot your chain in my car" she said and I realised what she meant . I had a chain with the first letter of my name . "Do you want me to drop it off ?" she asked me softly "No need . Keep it" I said with a smile "You sure ?" she asked again "I'm sure Max . Anything else ?" I asked her softly "Let me take you out" she said out of the blue and a small gasp left my mouth .

She's asking me out

"Fuck ... Sorry" she mumbled "Are you serious ?" I asked her , putting my serious tone on . "Dead serious . Fuck Laylah you are the only thing I'm thinking since I first saw you" she said and I gasped at her words

"Let me take you out angel" she repeated but this time with the nickname she used the last time . "Okay" I replied to her, my cheeks hurting from smiling this much .

I heard her chuckle and laugh slightly "Okay angel . Have a good night" she said and I smiled even more "You too Max" I said and ended the call .

I placed the phone down and bit my lip , while looking at Ginny . "Well ?" she asked me "She will take me out for a date" I said and her mouth flew open . Then a smile started forming in her her face and she pulled me into a hug

"I have a good feeling for this one Laylah" she said and I laughed while trying to get out of her grip . Ginny's gut was never wrong .

Never

You can't imagine how happy that made me feel .

"Girls ! Go to sleep !" My dad's voice echoed from his room and I looked at Ginny and laughed lightly .

Both of us got under the covers and fell asleep right away