chapter 6

Laylah

When they got in I saw Alex still at the side of the person that he hugged . The person was tall, really tall , with dark hair and light eyes , I think . I couldn't make out the colour . As they got closer I realised that it was a girl , and let me tell you that she was beautiful . Her hair was styled at a boy's middle part haircut . She was wearing some baggy grey jeans with a plain white t-shirt and a baggy denim jacket over it .

I recognized the other three . They were all a year older than us , juniors and we were Sophomores . I have seen them around school many times but I only knew Topper , the other's name was unknown . When they finally reached our table I could get a closer look at the woman . Her eyes were grey , and she had perfect face features . Her jawline was sharp , gently sharp . I also spotted a silver chain around her neck and she was wearing a few rings .

"Guys, meet my sister Maxine" Alex said, filled with happiness . He hadn't smiled like that in ages . I like him better like this . Wait a goddamn minute . That was his sister. I was checking out his sister all this time ! I didn't realise I was still staring at her when her eyes landed on mine and smirked before saying "I prefer Max ... for short" . Her voice was amazing . It was soft but raspy at the same time . I quickly looked away from her and looked at Amber who was looking at me .

We all gave her a small wave before her and her friends sat down on the table with us . Ginny was next to Topper , Alex next to Maxine , the two other boys sat next to each other and next to Amber , while I sat opposite from Maxine .

While everyone was talking with each other , I learn that the two boys were named JJ and Hayden and I also find out that with Maxine and Topper , had a band called 4SB which meant "4 Sexy Boys" Maxine was a girl but since she was okay with that , I didn't bother to ask . Soon our orders came . "The cheeseburger , the salad with the coke , the pancakes and the ice cream" she murmured while placing the plates and bowls on the table .

Then her gaze fell on the others that just joined us but her eyes were glued to Maxine . "What can I ... get for you ?" She asked them , fixing her posture quickly . "I'll get the fries" Maxine said , grinning at the waitress . "I'll have the cheeseburger . JJ ? Topper ?" Hayden questioned the others . "I'm good thanks" JJ said with a smile and looked at Topper who was talking with Ginny the whole time .

He had his arm around her , while they were talking lowly . They both had smiles on their faces which made me happy since Ginny had found a guy that made her laugh and smile .

He better keep it that way .

"Dude !" JJ said , nudging him . "What ? Oh ... No I'm good thanks" he replied and quickly got back to the conversation he had with Ginny . Then the waitress left and made sure to sway her hips a bit extra . It was supposed to impress Maxine but she didn't even look at her . Instead she started talking to JJ and Hayden about something

"You never told me why you're back Max" Alex said while taking a bite from his burger . "My teacher caught me eating a girl out in an empty classroom and boom! I got suspended" she explained and I almost choked on my ice cream . I looked at her and saw that she was looking at me . I started blushing , feeling my cheeks burn and looked down at my ice cream , taking licks from it . I don't mind jokes about sex but it always makes me blush when this subject was opened on conversations . The waitress came back with their orders and placed them on the table . Again when she turned around and left she did the same thing with her hips . Again Maxine didn't look at her .

Didn't she flirt with her ?

She's a player

Without wasting another second , Maixine and JJ started eating what they ordered and we all started a conversation about random things . We continued talking till it was time to leave . After we paid we walked out of the restaurant and towards our cars . "Alex, are your friends coming over ?" Maxine asked her brother and Alex nobbed , still smiling at his big sister . She grinned with his response as she started putting on her helmet . "Your names ?" She asked and her eyes landed on me .

Why girls riding motorbikes are so damn hot ?!

"I'm Amber , that's Ginny and that's Laylah" Amber introduced us and herself to her. Maxine nodded at us and put her helmet on properly , covering all of her face except her eyes .

Her grey eyes

No , Laylah shut up . No players for you

She looked at me one last time before covering her eyes with the lens of the helmet and driving off towards Alex's house ,