Chapter 45

The heavy person on top of me; I knew it was Riker. We'd always cuddle to sleep but he'd somehow end up directly on top of me every morning. I mustered all the strength in me to shove him aside. Mission failed. The perpetrator was too heavy.

Waking him up wasn't an option. The man was a heavy sleeper. Pun intended. Also, he looked rather peaceful so I tried one too many times before I got him off me. I tucked his hands into the blanket, kissed his cheek and smiled. 'So cute.' I mumbled.

I wobbled into my wheelchair and wheeled myself to the desk. I ripped pages from a book and thought a bit about what I wanted to write. Sighing, I dedicated the first one to Riker. Then Megan. Then Tiago. Then dad. Then Johnny. And everyone else who'd made a positive impact on my life. I wrote all my last words.

Lastly, I dedicated one to the person who I'd started my journey with. Of course things had become complicated along the way but some friends turn into family. The Martinez brothers had become my family. As I was writing my letter to Eldon, my eyes became heavy with unshed tears.

My heart broke as I wrote the last sentence. It really felt like I was going to die. I didn't want to. I'm not ready to go.

I sealed all my letters in white envelopes and packed them away. My heart was sore. I wished my friends and I would laugh about how stupid my letters were when I eventually survived. But nothing was certain. All I could do was hope.

'Why are you up so early?' I heard Riker's hoarse voice ask. I quickly turned away from the desk and faced him. 'I'm just thinking...' I replied.

'About?' He frowned. 'Just... my health, dad's health, your health, basically everyone's wellbeing.' I laughed nervously. He didn't believe me one bit but he didn't push.

'Sweetheart don't you worry about anything. Keep that brain at peace. Today's the day we're taking you to the hospital. Atleast enjoy your morning.' He kneeled infront of me cupping my face gently.

'Oh right, I almost forgot.' Garcia and the specialist doc would observe and treat me for 3 days at Amka hospital. 'And by enjoy, you mean...?' He gave me a suggestive look. I laughed shaking my head.

Riker picked me up and laid me stomach up on the bed. He slowly climbed over me putting minimal weight on me. I smiled anticipating his next move of love. 'Don't smile like that... it makes my heart race.' He whispered closing his eyes as if he was fighting his inner urges. My heart palpitated.

I wrapped my fingers around the collar of his shirt and pulled him down. He gasped. I met his soft lips with mine. Even after dating for long, my stomach still exploded with butterflies. He gently nibbled on my bottom lip and I pulled him closer. As my hands explored his fit build, his hands carressed my face and neck.

'I love you Daisy Damaris.' He whispered against my lips.

'I love you too Riker Elliot.' I smiled like a fool.

Riker laid down on his back and we stayed in a comfortable silence. 'Be happy.' I broke the silence. 'I'll be happy with you.' He replied. My eyes began to well up once again.

...

Tiago prepared a huge family breakfast and we all sat at the table to enjoy it. As usual, I got my own special meal fitting to my condition. The first bite was like heaven in my mouth. 'Since you're going to the hospital, I made you a killer breakfast.' Tiago told me and laughed to himself. I glared daggers at him. 'Haha how funny.'