Chapter 9

'How can I help you?' I said over the phone. 'This is a follow up for the sign sent to you from RECSaM. Was it what you had in mind?' the man asked. I told him that it was better than anything we had ever anticipated; they truly earned their name as the best metal smith company in the industry.

As I was speaking on the phone I heard a light knock on the door and Eldon walked in looking around for something. He came over and kissed my forehead before continuing his search. The guy on the line paused 'Do I know you from somewhere?' I narrowed my eyes. Why would someone randomly ask that. As if reading my mind he added 'You sound familiar.'

Well who else would I know from RECSaM? I eliminated a creepy pedophile.

'If you're the owner himself then indeed we've met.' I said remembering the plane ride when Riker and I had gotten more than acquainted. 'This is Daisy from the plane right? I remember your voice from when you were screaming against my chest.' Riker teased causing me to choke on my spit.

The spluttering noises I made caused Eldon to look at me with a curious gaze. 'You good?' I heard from the phone. Before I could reply, Riker spoke again.

'Oh my bad, I thought you had forgotten the chest thing just as you also forgot me.' He said with a playful tone masking the bitterness. If he thought I had forgotten him then he was delusional because he was living in my mind rent free.

'Who said I had forgotten you.' I replied with a sly smirk that he couldn't see but someone else did. Eldon snapped his neck to look my way and it was that moment that foretold the end of a love story. Or so I thought. He walked over to me placing his hands around my waist.

'Honey, what do you want for breakfast?' He asked loud enough for Riker on the line to hear. 'Sorry I have to go.' I apologized and cut the call. 'What was that for?' I questioned annoyed by his possessiveness.

He brushed my question and began a conversation of his own. I listened half heartedly as my mind drifted off to a certain someone. Later on when we were at the restaurant, I received a rather interesting message.

Riker : When I'm not manufacturing metal, I specialize in home wrecking. Let's meet up. ;)

I was perplexed by his openness. 'He didn't just say that.' I thought to myself. Maybe Riker was bad news after all. Despite my dilemma with his wording, I agreed to meeting up.

'Flower, are you coming?' Tiago asked me. 'Ugh I thought you had stopped with that name.' I said annoyed. He blankly looked at me waiting for an answer. I rested my hands on the car window looking at Tiago in the driver's seat and Eldon in the passengers.

'Where to?' I asked. 'We're going to buy takeout food.' They informed me. I couldn't since Riker was picking me up in a few minutes. 'No I'll stay here and make sure everything is running smoothly.' I said. 'But you'd never reject takeout.' Eldon frowned. 'Well today's a first.' I chuckled nervously to which I received a weird look from him.

Eldon and Tiago weren't back yet when I was informed of a good looking businessman searching for me. Only one person I knew fit that criteria and at the thought of seeing him again, I was overcome by nerves.

Walking outside, I was met by a flashy vintage Chevrolet corvette. Beside it, Riker stood proudly rocking a well fitted black suit and slicked hair. The way he held eye contact made me weak at the knees. As I neared him, he moved closer meeting me half-way with a kiss on my hand in place of a greeting. At that, I felt like the agreeable lady in a 90's love story.

He opened the passenger's side for me and I slid in inhaling the manly scent that the interior had. As we were driving about to leave the building I saw a familiar black car pulling up. When our cars were side by side, Eldon rolled down the window and slowed his car to get a good view of me.

Seeing the hurt in his eyes as he saw me in Riker's car made my heart shatter. I knew I had officially messed things up. With a distraught Eldon behind the wheel, the car swerved violently missing the ditch by an inch. If it hadn't been Tiago who grabbed the wheel, it would've caused a massive accident.

Riker kept driving in silence as I looked back contemplating my mistakes. 'That's your boyfriend?' He asked. It sounded more like a statement than a question since they had already met. I plainly stared at him before looking out the window.

'Daisy.' He called but I ignored him. 'Hey I know hanging out with me may not seem right but just think of me as a friend okay.' He spoke.

I thought back to the time on the plane when he told me that he dropped out of high school which meant he probably didn't have as much friends, if any. In my experience I was no more in touch with most of my friends and I'd really do with one right then.

'Yeah I could really use a friend too.' I told him. He saw my morose expression and asked if I was okay to which I told him I didn't want to talk about it. He respected that and refrained from questioning further.

The car came to a stop and I looked around to see large barriers of hay and kids running around with toy guns. 'Oh no you didn't.' I said looking at Riker playfully. 'I just did.' He replied.

Minutes later, I was changing when I saw Riker gracefully taking off his jacket. Oblivious to the awed girl before him, he folded his shirt sleeves showing off his veiny hand and unbuttoned the first three buttons of his shirt. 'You like the view?' He smirked. 'You're packing fish ribs man, what's there to look at.' My comeback made up for my flashing cheeks.

There was no way I was going to inflate his already huge ego. 'You haven't seen me shirtless.' He said with a raised brow. 'I'm not planning to.' I replied knowing how much of a lie it was.

We put on the white jumpers that we had bought at the entrance and began shooting color bullets towards each other. Nothing could replace the smile I had as I ran away from a pursuing Riker aiming at me. My once white jumper had become a multicolored piece of clothing. There was a moment when Riker fell to the ground allowing me the pleasure to add color to his hair, face and whole body.

After changing into fresh clothes, Riker and I drove to a water park where we stripped off into swim suits. His was a tiny swim short and bare chest that had me into overdrive. I had to remind myself that we were just friends.

'Can we get a double sitter?' Riker asked the staff at the waterslide. I analyzed the long, huge enclosed tube with caution. It would be the first time going down such a slide and it calmed my nerves knowing that Riker would be there by my side. When our turn came, we sat on each side of the inflated balloon. The gateway opened and we began to slide down the tube.

My fears were replaced by pure bliss at the exhilarating experience. A sudden turn caused me to jut out of my seat but Riker was ready to catch me as he had done on the plane. With a strong hand wrapped around my waist and an unexpected kiss on the back of my neck, I slid down and enjoyed the time of my life.

After a few more slides with and without Riker, we left for a roadside meal. With him by my side all day, time flew faster than I went down the slide.

I anticipated with fear the time I had to go home. It was either the fact that I had had the most fun ever since coming to Shunn city or that I had to explain myself when I arrived.