Chapter 40

I dropped my hand into the water to feel the rising heat. I was baffled by how everyone was coping with it. They all vouched to let me sit on a random piece of hovering wood while they were neck down under water.

'I feel so bad to on top alone while you guys are boiling in there.' I told them.

'Any ideas?' Riker asked holding tightly on the item I was on. The team hovering on the waters all wrecked their brains for a sensible plan. SG cleared her throat to speak. It was those moments that I appreciated that she was no ordinary woman. No wonder they gave her a high rank.

SG voiced out her idea and we all looked at her skeptically. Her plan meant someone had to take one for the team. I would've undoubtedly vouched to be it but I didn't meet the criteria. The strategy required a person with strong arms, flexible legs and endurance. I couldn't think of anyone in the team.

As we were discussing the ins and outs of the plan waiting for a solution, I heard a large splashing sound and instantly shouted 'Johnny.' I prayed he'd survive the dangerously hot water.  Apparently my concern for Sir Johnny irked his son.

'That serves him right, who told him to jump?' Tiago scoffed. I narrowed my eyes at him. 'How could you say that about your dad?' I couldn't understand him. 'A dad isn't someone who abandons you in an orphanage while your twin lives in a comfortable safe house.' He was getting worked up. I decided not to frustrate him.

The splashing sound neared and my hopes kept rising. I thought Johnny was swimming his way towards us. I thought wrong. Rather, I was met with a quite disturbing sight of tiny fish swimming and flapping in the excruciatingly hot water.

Did the military guys shoot at us, a water target knowing the consequences it had on the ocean and it's creatures? I bet they did but they just did it anyway.

'Is there a way we can save Johnny?' I asked. 'If the gear is still attached to the lifeboat, I could do underwater reconnaissance in search for Johnny.' She told us. He had been out there alone for about 3 minutes, I really hoped he was still alive. I couldn't lose my 2nd dad.

Especially one who's been there for me when my own wasn't available. It was only natural for me to wish him the best even though he sometimes made reckless decisions.

'I volunteer.' Dad finally said. I quickly turned my head to look at him. He surely didn't mean it. Of course the person sacrificing themself wouldn't exactly die but the probability of survival was low. Even if the volunteer would manage to survive, their body would be burned severely and a few other conditions. I couldn't see my dad being that.

'Dad?!' I gaped at him. 'Daisy.' He looked at me with so much warmth in his eyes. 'You're my daughter and I promised to be here for you always.' He said. 'Plus I did cross country swimming 4 years ago and I've maintained the physic.' He showed off his slender but muscular body. I laughed pained. He was really redeeming himself.

'No I'll do it.' A voice in the distance shouted. 'Oww damn this water boutta burn my skin.' The man shrieked. I smiled. Only Johnny was that overdramatic. I wanted to dive into the water to hug him and bring him back but I was slightly immobile.

'Johnny I thought you were gone man.' I waved at him. 'It takes deadlier things to unalive me.' He smirked. I smiled. 'Therefore I should be the one to do it.' He had probably caught on the fact that someone had to sacrifice their life to retrieve the boat.

'Hands up if you agree Johnny should do it.' Tiago said and raised his hand. Johnny was taken aback as he narrowed his eyes. We all thought the two had hugged it out and were cool. It seemed Tiago still needed to blow some steam.

'Why would you say that?' Johnny's voice cracked. 'You're no father at all. How could you separate twins? And why did I have to be the one who went to the orphanage and foster care while Eldon lived a nice life in your safe house. I lived a tough life...and you don't even know the half of it. Did you even care about how i would feel? How I would survive?' Tiago scrunched his face as tears ran down his cheeks. Megan laid a hand on his back. He sighed and continued.