Chapter 31

When they had left, I knew exactly what I wanted to ask Sir Johnny.

'You were once in a gang right?'

'Worst years of my life.'He reminisced.

'Can there be happy endings?'

'No happy beginnings to start with and it never ends well.' He told me.

'But baby, why are you suddenly interested in gang affairs.?' Johnny sounded concerned.

'Because Riker is in a gang.' It felt weird saying it allowed. More peculiar because I was slowly accepting it. Maybe he was one of those sexy, vigilante but morale gang members.

The night before the boys visited the Santos, Riker found his way to my room. Upon realising that Riker wasn't going to leave anytime soon, Megan grabbed her pillow and said she'd have a sleepover with Tiago.

Riker and I looked at each other knowingly. They claimed they were only friends but we could see through their bs.

'Can I ask you a question?' Riker said when we were now alone.

'You already did.' I smirked. He sighed and thought hard before putting it out there. 'I have been thinking about this for a really long time. Did you and Eldon break up before he got into a coma?'

I had been wondering the same too.
'We sort of broke up...what I mean is it was indefinite. Like something done in a burst of emotions.' My heart said to tell him the truth and nothing but it.
'What if he wakes up and thinks that you two are still together?' Riker looked worried.

'You are my boyfriend now, what I had with Eldon is in the past. He's been in a coma for almost 14 months and even if he'd woken up sooner our relationship was already going down the drain. I'm happy with you.' I told him.

Looking assured, Riker held me tight against him. It was my turn to ask a question too.

'When did you get into a gang? What position do you have? Have you ever shot at someone?' I still had more questions.

'About three months ago when Lionel became a massive threat, I found men who were willing to work for me behind the scenes to help me take down The Secret Service.' I wasn't satisfied by his answer.

'You didn't answer the last one.'
'Let's sleep; I have to be rested when I meet the Santos.' Riker said laying us down. I knew he wasn't going to tell me so I gave up asking. It was a story for another day. I huffed childishly and curled myself up to get comfortable.

'Dream about the one and only handsome man in your life.' Riker said.

'I'll dream about Tiago then.' I was serious for a moment before cracking up.

'Date Tiago then.' Riker huffed turning around such that I was facing his back. I sprawled my legs over his abdomen on a quest to annoy him.

'Are you jealous?' I teased.

'Why would I be?'

'Because of Tiago.'

'I have bigger muscles than him. See...see...' Riker brought my hand to his bicep and then his firm chest.

'Hmm Tiago's are definitely bigger.' I teased feeling his chest. He kissed his tongue and curled up into a ball on the edge of the bed.

'Come closer.' I told him. 'Nope sleep on your own edge of the bed.' He sulked.
'Why, when I've got my man right next to me?' I wrapped my hand around the waistband of his pyjama and pulled him close to me. He scooted closer wrapping a hand around my waist.

'What was that?' He furrowed his eyebrows smirking.

'My power move.' I said reaching down to grab his waistband once more when I grabbed something else. I gasped and Riker yelped.

'Way to be forward.' He teased and my cheeks tinted red.

'Oh my gosh I didn't mean to...' I stammered.

'Really?' He eyed me and I gulped.

'Well I must say...I like your power move.' Is all he said before hooking a hand around my waist and pulling my back against his chest. I curled up into him and enjoyed that night's sleep feeling safe in my man's arms.

'Don't die out there.' I whispered.

'I'll stay alive, for you.' He kissed the back of my neck.

I arose at the crack of dawn feeling the absence of the comfort that once embraced me from behind. The men had already left to visit the Santos. I felt terrible about the heist I was planning to pull off. No one could know about it, even Megan.

Peeking into the kitchen, I saw dad and Johnny preparing breakfast.

'Honey can you pass me the spatula.' Dad mimicked a feminine voice laughing. Only when I thought Johnny would chastise him, he replied.

'Let me do the cooking sweetheart. We don't want to burn the beautiful chalet, do we?' I broke out into a fit of giggles. Actually not giggles but a hysterical mix of heaving, laughing and snorting.

'I didn't know you two old hags were lovers.' I teased.

'I thought it was pretty obvious.' Johnny said making hearty hands at dad to which he reciprocated. I facepalmed thinking to myself what I'd do with that weird duo.

'Have you guys seen Megan this morning?' She hadn't come back into the room and I hadn't seen her around the house either.

'She's asleep...In Tiago's bed...wearing Tiago's shirt...I don't know how I feel about that.' Johnny said. Johnny and Tiago hadn't yet formulated a proper father-son bond but they were well along the way.

'At this point all you can do is to just accept her as your daughter in law because it's going to happen soon. And I approve.' I told him. Tiago and Megan were like a match made in heaven. They both had vibrant personalities and given their good looks, I wondered what a little Tiago from Megan's womb would look like.

I made my way to the boy's room and caught Megan sniffing Tiago's vest.

'Ew, why?' I gagged. She jumped her doe eyes wide.

Breakfast came around and we gathered at the massive table. Megan and I gossiped about Jacob's non-existent love life while Dad, Sir Johnny and Jacob talked about dirt biking.

Later I moved to a seat next to Jacob.
'Do you know exactly where the other guys are meeting the gang.' After formulating numerous excuses not to tell me, Jacob caved. He sent me the location.

'I really want to swim at the beach.' Megan said.

'Can you swim with that.' I pointed at her bandaged earlobe.

'I'll just sun bathe then.'

'The beach it is.' Johnny chanted loudly. We all agreed and decided to head out.

On our way to the beach, I thought to interrogate Megan. She couldn't deny her feelings forever.

'I know you have a crush on him.' I said.

'I don't like Tiago.' She feigned annoyance.

'I never said Tiago.' I smirked.

'Just because I think he's sweet, romantic, funny, cool, sexy, he has abs you know? And a firm chest. And lips like cherries with maple syrup. And when he wears grey sweatpants...'

I made a run for it before I could be more traumatised. Megan was in too deep. And so was Eldon's clueless twin. I ended up sitting on a beach chair with my dad. Spending quality time with him made my heart rejoice.