Chapter 5

I felt the bed dip as two heavy, teenage boys cheerfully jumped on it.

'Little girl, get your lazy bum out right this second,' Tiago said.

'Yeah you lazy bum.' Eldon encouraged gazing down at my sleepy figure.

In reply all I did was groan at them and slapped my face against the silky heaven that was my pillow. The two persistently annoyed me until all I could do was kiss my beauty sleep goodbye.

Looking around the room, realization hit that I had left my whole life behind. My brother and my friends had been my ride or dies since forever and now I was stuck with those two idiots. Thinking of my life made me feel down-hearted that my own parents weren't even there to send me off.

I was quick to erase those thoughts since I seemed to go on a spiral whenever I thought of them. My lovely guardians that truly cared for me and my well being. Even I could taste my own sarcasm heavily coating those lies as my brother had practically raised me in the absence of our parents.

'Good morning to you too,' Eldon said.

'I'm also having a great morning thanks for asking Daisy.' Tiago added.

I scoffed at their pettiness and made my way to the bathroom to get ready for a pool day. The three of us were lounging in the beautiful pool when Eldon carried me to the poolside. I giggled all the way 'till he placed me down which earned us a groan from Tiago.

Eldon was still in the pool when he began to nervously twiddle with my fingers. Did he have news to break to me? Did Tiago get him up to speed on my interaction with Riker on the plane?

'I have something I want to give to you.' He said calming my nerves a bit.

I looked down at our intertwined hands as he pulled off his and dipped them into his swim shorts. He pulled out a gleaming piece of silver metal skillfully carved into a band that I then realized was a ring. He took my hand in his.

'I know that a daisy is a flower but you are my treasure. I've never felt for someone the way that I feel for you. If my heart was an alarm, it would always ring for you. I want a lifetime with you my darling.'

My heart raced, my stomach fluttered as my cheeks tinted a deep red or so I wanted to feel. After such a confession I was supposed to be head over heels but the only thought that ran through my mind was how distraught Eldon would be if I rejected him. He took my silence as a go ahead to continue.

'With you at 17 and me at 18 I know that it isn't ideal to get married so to prove my dedication to you I want to give you, Daisy Lorelei Enya Azra Damaris, this promise ring.'

Before he could slip it onto my finger I hastily pulled away and stood up from the pool side

Before he could slip it onto my finger I hastily pulled away and stood up from the pool side. His eyes were crowded with confusion as I scurried out of the lounging area.

In the distance I could hear Tiago's voice mumbling 'Daisy lorry enny azzy Damaris, imagine her mom trynna scold her.'

I hated myself for definitely destroying two years worth of a relationship.