Chapter 39

Riker was a freaking traitor.

After all is said and done, blood is indeed thicker than water. Even though I could read the room, something in me believed that Riker was onto something.

We all hopped onto the tanker in the last few seconds unnoticed. I admired the way military operations were executed. Nothing, and I mean nothing could stop an ongoing operation.

Settling on top of the cargo hold, I could feel gushes of wind hitting my body. My knees began to weaken threatening to let me tumble to the ground. Dad was there to hold me up before I lost my balance. 'I'm here sunshine.' I scrunched my nose.

'Sunshine?' And I laughed. 'You bring light into my life. It just took me too long to realize that you were my life's blessing.' Dad confessed.

'Aw dad, it means so much that you're here now. You can't undo the past but you are definitely making up for it.' I meant it.

'I promise to be the best solo dad you'll ever need. I wish your mom could set aside her ego and be here for you.' I could tell that really bothered him. I stretched my hand over his now slender one in a hug. I bet he'd been overworking himself to provide materially. Workaholic things. After this was over, I was going to over feed him.

'Your ribs are poking my face dad. Where'd you lose all your weight?' I laughed. 'It was all that stress from over working myself and leading a dysfunctional family. But I'll be happy to have you and Riley together again. I want to take you gardening and cook meals for my two beautiful babies.' I had missed his lopsided smile.

I really wanted to enjoy a wholesome father daughter talk but I felt a large jab in my side. The pain was intolerable. I was so done with it. Maybe dying was not a bad alternative after all.

'The weather out here is not suitable for Daisy's condition. We really have to find a way into the interior of this thing.' Doc said. I could tell that he'd been studying my condition and making well examined medical conclusions. Cold weather did really accentuate my pain.

The men stepped aside to discuss a takeover plan. 'Hold on, we got you.' Megan and SG assured me gripping on me to keep me standing. She laid her jacket on the floor and lowered me onto it. SG covered my abdomen with her gold clad jacket. The two tried to warm me up as well as remove the bandage that sealed my wound.

'Oh no. Ohhh hell naw.' Megan cursed shaking her head. 'The black gas. It's oozing now. Like a liquid.' She was panicking. What doctor panics right infront of her patient? I deadpanned. 'Baby calm down. It's nothing.' SG the professional kicked in leaving her daughter the task to warm me up.

First Riker abandoned us and then my injury was acting up. 'I don't remember giving you these stitches.' SG frowned. 'I don't remember either.' I frowned back playing dumb. 'Daisy.' She glared at me. 'Sergeant General Mommy Garcia.' I dragged my words.

'You weren't really kidnapped where you? Those 10 days you went missing. You made a deal with the Santos? Don't freaking tell me you donated...Daisy...' She put two and two together which made her mouth run dry. 'And Megan you knew. You crying that day...You knew.' SG face palmed and hurriedly bandaged me up.

I begged her to keep my terrible condition a secret from the rest of the group. She reluctantly agreed.

She motioned the men to come back from their huddled position. Doc Garcia, dad, sir Johnny and Tiago walked back to join the three of us. 'We need to be on land in the next two hours or one of us is going to lose their life.' She told the group. Something told me she meant no one else but me. Way to break it to me mom number two.