Chapter 6

I had been enjoying my beauty sleep when my body was lifted and thrown on the carpeted floor of the hotel.

'Argh, do you want to kill me!'

'Indeed, how did you catch on.' Tiago spoke with a royal English accent.

My relationship with Tiago had always been like that, endless banter, teasing and fighting. Ever since, he came into Eldon's life he has always treated me like a younger sister.

I asked Tiago where Eldon was and he told me that he had gone on to shop for supplies. After cleaning up and eating our breakfast, Tiago and I met up with Eldon to purchase the equipment for Johnny's dinner for diners.

'The cutlery they had in the shops weren't strong enough,' the two informed me as I picked out plates, bowels, chafing dishes and more. We all got into the car and drove off. 'So what are we going to do?' I asked. 'The salesman directed us to a company that specializes in the production of metal products. He says it's the best in the country.' Eldon replied.

'hmm'

Pulling into the company's parking lot I stared out of the window to see a huge sign labeled 'RECSaM'. It rung a bell though I couldn't quite put my finger on it. And that's when it hit me that RECSaM was the abbreviation for Riker Elliot's Corporate Steels and Metals.

When the boys began to walk in, my feet failed me. How could I see Riker after what I done to him? He probably thought that I was a selfish, unthankful person.

What calmed my nerves was the thought that as the owner and manager he didn't need to be on the job frequently. In a tech world like ours he could easily do that at home.

With that thought in mind I walked into the huge warehouse.

Fortunately, Riker was indeed not there but I got something even worse than that, a creepy guy who showed us around their offices and retailing shop.

  'We have a wide range of cutlery set........,' the man named Lionel spoke but his eyes kept lingering on me. Neither of the boys seemed to notice and I didn't know whether to call him out right there and then.

When I couldn't take it anymore I hooked my hand around Eldon's bicep but Lionel continued his disgusting behavior. To make it worse, Eldon pulled out his hand from my hold and folded them on his chest invested in what the perveted salesman was saying.

I stared at him surprised by his actions, I didn't feel safe even with him by my side. I looked around for Tiago but he was nowhere in sight. When I had had enough I called him out 'Excuse me sir but I don't appreciate you looking at me like that,' I said.

'Like what?'

He had the audacity to pretend confused.

'Daisy what are you talking about?' Eldon asked me.'Can't you see it, the way this man is ogling me?'

The commotion began.

'It's not all about you Daisy. As far as I know this man has been professional from the moment he began showing us around.'

Were my ears deceiving me because I didn't just hear Eldon defending the creepy pedophile?

'Excuse me,' I said.

'My sincere apologies ma'am if you thought I was being inappropriate,' I thought the man was genuinely sorry until he added 'but you have nothing that could interest a man like myself.'

If there was an instrument that could measure anger, it would have exploded at that moment. Not for me but for a certain guy who came bolting towards the disrespectful man; Riker.