Chapter 32 - Truth Wrapped in a Lie

"How long will filming last?" I asked, as we entered the golden bifrost platform at the end of the rainbow bridge

Loki smiled. "Another two months in Atlanta, then the last six weeks will be in the UK. That's a total of five and a half months to shoot the six episodes for this second season."

He'd been popping to Earth multiple times a day, for a few hours each time, over the last couple of weeks, when shooting started for the second season of his Loki TV series. The difference in how time worked between the realms was to our advantage, giving Loki an entire work day as Tod each time he went to Earth. It was strange to get used to. 

Jet lag had nothing on travelling between realms.

Yet that same time difference worked against me as well. Four months had elapsed on Earth while I'd tried to repair my friendship with Lynda. I'd finally gotten her to believe me that I hadn't lied about not being with Loki during my time in Egypt, although she believed I'd been in the forests of Greece and Turkey. Keeping my lies straight was exhausting, and it was hard to protest my innocence when I was actually lying. Just not about what she thought.

Of course, now she was pushing to meet him, and I knew it was because she wanted to use his celebrity for her business.

God, what a mess.

After one particular exhausting set of messages back and forth with Lynda, Loki had distracted me with tales of his time on set. I'd convinced him to let me take a mini-vacation from my training regimen with Mist to come with him to see for myself. This was such an important part of his life that I wanted to see what his days were like and experience it, too.

"Remember, you just need to call on me if you need the bifrost, Princess," Heimdall reminded me, as he activated the bifrost.

We landed in the large, private backyard of the house Loki owned outside Atlanta, near Fayetteville. Because Marvel Studios used the city as a base for filming so frequently over the years, he'd bought a place to give himself more flexibility. As I looked around, I agreed with the investment. Southern pine-hardwood forest surrounded the property and gave us considerable space between his house and the nearest neighbours. Emerging out of the trees, we walked past a naturally shaped in-ground pool and hot tub to the back of the red brick Victorian.

"It's beautiful, Loki."

"Not as beautiful as you, darling, but I'm glad you approve. If you don't like one of my properties, we can always sell it and buy another. It gives my financial advisers something to do since wealth doesn't mean much when I can conjure whatever we need, not that they know that, of course. I've collected a fair number of properties during my current Mogroddine identity, since I seem to bounce all over Midgard for various projects."

"Woo hoo! I hooked a rich one!" I teased.

Loki laughed, giving me a quick kiss. "It's not like your property in Vancouver isn't worth a pretty penny, my love. West coast waterfront real estate is insanely expensive."