7. Jump (Nessie's POV)

En başından başla

Dad glared at me.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen, you are in so much trouble right now, and that cast won't be you're only punishment."

My stomach fell into my broken leg.

"Isn't it bad enough that I can't hunt until my leg heals up and I'm stuck eating human food for who knows how long?" I asked.

"No." he said icily.

"Then what other punishment can you give me?" I asked.

"We're postponing the wedding." he said.

"For how long?" I asked.

"Forever."

I could tell he was very mad, and there was no real use in provoking him. Jake was my mom's best friend. She'd want him to be happy. She would get dad to listen to reasoning and then the wedding would be set again. September tenth. That would always be the most magical day of my life.

Or so I hoped.

My hair kept falling in my eyes, but I was so scared of being dropped by my dad that I didn't bother to move it.

The X-Ray machine was huge, bulky, and imposing.

Dad unceremoniously dumped me on the metal table, then left. I was greatful. Mom walked in to watch, but stood by the door and didn't talk.

"Okay, Nessie, now you have to put on this lead." I stared at the lump of heavy blue vest in front of me, then put it on. Carlise was strapping something onto my nonbroken leg, and that was when I wanted to know what the lead did.

"Grandpa, what does the lead do?"

"Its supposed to protect against radiation. You might not need it, but since you're half human, we might as well play it safe."

I felt a bit of a blush creep up my neck.

Because only I, the half human, could manage to break their leg.

Grandpa Carlisle started scanning my leg, and I held as still as possible.

"Good news, Ness." he said.

"What? It's not actually broken?" I asked.

"Its still broken, but it's a clean break, and should heal up really fast."

"But I'll still have to wear the cast longer." I said.

"Well, your leg will heal up in about a week, so you could say you dislocated part of your knee."

"Okay."

The cast was pink and gross, but I could handle a week in the stupid thing, right?

I hoped.

Mom helped me hop out of there.

"How are you feeling?"

"My leg hurts. A lot. And Dad's mad at me for falling. I couldn't help it!"

"Hey, Ness, it's okay. I've hurt myself plenty of times."

"Ever fall off a roof?" I asked her.

"No, but I supposedly fell down two whole flights of stairs and a floor to ceiling window." she laughed.

"I can't even remember it."

"So I got my klutziness from you?" I asked.

"Probobly."

I knew it was true. My whole family said mom was the biggest klutz ever.

"Nessie, what were you doing on the roof anyway?" she asked me.

"I saw Jake through my window, and then I couldn't see him anymore, so I went out on the roof to watch him run around. I don't see him in wolf form that often. And I kinda fell."

I saw the smile forming on her face.

"Sit down, kiddo. Here's your laptop. Call if you need anything."

She left without a look back.