chapter 47 | High-strung

"By the way. I need to talk about something important."

"Tell me," I stay focused, wondering what this is about. "I decided that I want a baby sibling, so do the job with my dad, please."

No way he said that.

"Are you for real right now?" I nearly feel my jaw drop to the ground, but he does not show any fluster as if this was a normal topic. "Yeah. Who the fuck would I ask that to other than you? I want a sibling. I want to be a big brother and protect them, I'm tired of being a single child."

"You're twenty, it's too late for a sibling," I grab my phone to check if I received a text but see nothing from the one I want to talk to. "That's not true. Some siblings have big age gaps, and since I couldn't ask for one these last six years, I make a demand now."

"Wait. So you're not joking?" I lift my hand up, wondering if he is jesting or not. "I'm not," he chuckles. "Like, for real. I'd actually love to have a sibling and take care of them. That'll get me ready for my own kids."

"Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not a machine you put a coin in to get what you want, so try to forget it," I put my phone down on my stomach, and he stares while chewing. "Well," he swallows and touches his lip ring. "It's obviously not gonna be my coin you need, if you know what I mean," he does not even surprise me. I feel like I am asking for it at this point. We both have the same mind, I knew what I would get with this sentence. "I'm not even gonna say anything."

His cute giggle echoes through the room, sounding like his dad. "Do you want some?" he shakes the bag to make some noise with the chips. "No, thanks. I'm full."

"I'm happy then," he enjoys his snack on his own, and I look down at him. "Why? I'm bloated, my stomach still hurts a bit, you shouldn't be happy about that."

"I am because that means you ate well, and also that you loved my food," he gives a good reason, and I smile, finding this comment cute and meaningful. "I hope my dad will eat the burger I made for him too though."

"He already ate over there, so I'm not sure he will, but knowing how he is, he'll feel bad if he doesn't eat what you cooked for him, so he'll probably force himself," I think about what might happen when he comes home and gets to know about it, and Joonha smiles. "That's exactly what I think, but it can still be eaten tomorrow, so I'll tell him to not eat if he can't."

"He'll probably lie and tell you 'It's fine, don't worry—" I get cut off by the opening of the front door, and my heart skips a beat. In less than a second, I sit up and focus on nothing or no one but him. "Daddy!" I shout and look at Joonha to provoke him. "Girl–" he rushes towards the pillow and slaps my butt with it, and out of embarrassment after what I dared to do, I laugh and hide in the corner. "Do it again, and I throw the pillow in your face."

"Do it, and I throw your computer out the window," my man stands up for me and joins us, and before I could even look up at him and see his features, he bends over the back of the sofa and presses a kiss on my forehead. "A pillow in the face equals to my one thousand dollars computer ending in pieces?" Joonha gasps with offense. "Her face is worth more, boy."

"Uhm. I'm not so sure about that," he closes his bag of Doritos and puts it on the coffee table. "Do you want me to show—"

"No, forget what I said. I made up my mind, her face's worth way more," he forces a smile and leaves the sofa, and he quickly walks away, getting his dad to scoff.

Now that Joonha is gone, he gazes down at me and smiles, not saying a single word, he bends over and kisses my lips after I missed him, but the taste of alcohol fills my mouth when I lick mine. "I'm sorry for being so late, baby," he speaks against my lips and gives me another kiss. "It's okay. No need to apologize."