chapter 25 | Sun-kissed

Without saying anything or reacting to my presence, she steps away and heads towards the bathroom.

Why is she not surprised to see me here?

I bring my drink down to close it and put it back in the fridge, and I ignore what she did to make my way to Mister Jeon's office.

I knock on the door to not burst into the room and have no manners, and once I hear him speak, I go in.

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

"Good morning," I smile at her and put my glasses back on. "Good morning. How are you doing today?" she softly asks but bows to me, so I quickly tell her not to. "Hey, no. Don't do that. You don't have to bow to me anymore."

"Are you sure?" she comes closer to stand near my desk, and I affirm. "Yes."

"Okay," she does not say anything about it, and my eyes remain on her, waiting for her to tell me what made her come. "I...I was wondering, have you said anything to my stepmom about me being here?"

"Yes, I warned her that you came early in the morning so that you didn't have to explain yourself," I explain so that she knows, and she shows comprehension, but also what looks like relief. "Oh, alright. I was surprised to see her not react at all, so I was a bit nervous."

"No need to be nervous or worried, I'm here," I reassure her, holding my hands together and toying with the ring she gave me. This is now even more obvious that what her mother does or thinks is nerve-wracking for her.

"Does that mean you protect me?" she does not seem to take me seriously, so I nod.  "I do. I'll always try my best for you."

"Thank you," she gazes down and intertwines her hands behind her back, displaying some shyness. I smile at this adorable instinctive response, but Harin comes back in without knocking. Y/n instantly darts her eyes up to her, and her smile fades away.

"Jungkook, can I show you something I've been working on?" she uses her phone while coming up to me. "Sure," I agree out of kindness, and she stands right next to me, puts her phone down on the desk, and she drags my attention to it.

The sketches of a dress.

"I wanted a man's point of view and thought you'd be the best for it," she flatters me, and I smile but take a closer look at this work. "Well, to me, it is elegant but sexy at the same time. I'd find this gorgeous on a woman."

"What body type?" she hopes for me to describe more, and I bring one hand up to my mouth to rub my bottom lip. "Uhm. It doesn't matter. It should be for any body type so that every woman can feel confident in it."

"I'll work on that then," she tells me good news, and I give her more details. "Like, for curvy woman, you could maybe make it a little longer since they often complain about the fact that it rides up," I give her ideas, hoping for her and y/n to not believe I am an expert with women. "Or for women with large breasts, you could change the neck because it might feel uncomfortable and way more revealing than for the ones with a smaller chest, I don't know."

"Sure, I'll totally work on this. You have amazing advices," she smiles at me, and I do the same but take a peek at y/n, who is remaining silent since her stepmother entered the room.

"You should take a break," Harin runs her fingers through my hair to pull them back. "You need energy to handle your students, so don't let any stress overwhelm and drain you," she brushes her thumb over my cheek, so I agree but set my eyes on y/n once more. "You can wait for me in the kitchen if you want, I'll soon cook lunch," I speak to her so that she does not feel left out or in the way, and she lets a delicate 'Okay' out before leaving.