chapter 40 | Exposing

I do the same to leave the table but notice that she is waiting for me to lead the way, so I walk forward and stretch my hand out to tell her to hold it, and she intertwines our fingers.

Now that we are leaving the restaurant, I get my phone out to read the text Joonha sent me.

< the power went out in the house, what do I do?;-; ]

[ turn it back on >

< you're a funny dad:) ]

[ I know. Before you do this, make sure you're not the one who caused this. If you're not, just push the button with a red mark on it, nothing else >

< it happened a few minutes after I plugged two fans on the same power trip in my room ]

[ why did you put two fans? Just unplug it and turn all the lights off before turning the power back on >

< for Choco, he's on the bed while I'm on my chair and it's hot, he needs fresh air too ]

[ 😐 He doesn't need a fan, dummy >

< how do you know, have you asked him if he doesn't like some cold air? ]

[ it's not hot enough for him to need one >

< well, I still know he likes it ]

[ but the power doesn't, so you use only one fan in your room >

< yeah:< ]

I put my phone in my pocket to not be focused on anything other than y/n, and I look at her as we are walking on the bridge. "What nicknames do you like the most?" I randomly ask, willing to get to know more about certain preferences. "I love when you call me 'sweetheart' and your little girl a lot, but I love 'baby' too, 'babe', 'babygirl', and many others. I just love it more when I don't expect it and that it comes from you," she does not hide anything at all. "But what about you?"

"Honestly, there aren't any nicknames that I don't like, I feel the same way as you do about it, I love it when it naturally comes from you," I tell her what I think, and she glances down at the planks of the bridge. "Not any? Really?"

"Yes, I cannot think of any nicknames I'd dislike hearing from you," I shrug, not having a single one on my mind. "Sure?"

This insistence provokes some confusion and surprise, and I stare at her, wondering what she means by that. "Yes, sure. Why so doubtful? Is there a nickname you want to call me but feel too shy?"

"No...I just feel like you haven't thought about all types of nicknames," she makes it obvious she wants to let one out, so I spur her to do so. "Tell me the one you think of then. I'll tell you how it makes me feel," I check where I am going since we are close to the end of the bridge, and she grins. "I never called you by your name though, but I like calling you Mister Jeon."

"I love it too," I do not even keep it to myself, feeling like I have played enough to let go and let her know more about some of my weaknesses. "Oh, I'll keep calling you that then, but what about honey?"

"Oh, I love honey so much too," I smile at the sound of her saying it, and I turn to the right to head towards the beach. "And daddy?"

I lick my lips and unconsciously bite them. "You're teasing me now, uh?"

"What? I'm not!" she denies it with some fake shock, and I laugh. "Sure, you do love acting all innocent," I do not answer the question yet, seeing how fidgety she became after I did not let this go unnoticed. "I'm not even doing that...You're lying..." she looks straight before her, but I keep all my attention over her. "Hm, whatever you say, I love this nickname too."