chapter 32 | Night date

This is odd.

"Did she leave?" I ask him, and he comes back with the leash. "I told her to get out of the house, and she did," he kneels down in front of Choco to put it around his neck, and for some reason, I do not talk about it more. I do not care. I have dealt with enough today because of her, and I will not let her ruin more of it.

"Here you are, my baby boy," he smiles at how cute he looks and puts his shoes on too, but since he put a hoodie on, he does not take a jacket either, so we both go out, and he locks the door behind us.

"I love your fragrance, it smells so good," he mentions what I would not have expected him to notice, so I thank him, not knowing what to say more. "What movie are you going to watch by the way?" he keeps an eye on Choco who is enjoying the walk with us. "Seobok with the hottest actor ever in the world, Gong Yoo."

Without explaining why, he stops walking, so I peek at him but get a judging look from him. "How many old guys are you gonna simp over?"

"I'm joking! I just know he's an amazing actor, so I made sure I would not waste money on a bad movie," I tell him the truth so that he does not believe I am into many different men, and he walks again. "Are you going there for the movie though?"

I smile at this question, feeling like he knows exactly what I am hoping for by going there. "I don't know...maybe not."

"Hm, I'm not surprised, but I'm maybe going to disappoint you," he ruffles his fluffy hair to comb it back and put his hood on. "He's not going to put his hand on your thigh because you're not close enough unless you become a flirty little brat and do the trick with the popcorn bucket."

I chuckle at the thought of it. "I'll never do that, I'm too much of a coward, and I'm pretty sure this would make him feel so uncomfortable that I'd leave and make sure I get lost so that you never find me again."

"First of all, he wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all. Second of all, you better not ever leave me, you come back no matter what," he does not agree with my joke when I did not mean it, and I bring my eyes up to him. "I know. Don't worry. I'll always be here to hug you."

"Good, I'm relieved," his lips curve up to make him look cute, and he sets his blue eyes on me. "How do you know he wouldn't feel uncomfortable though?" I go back to this sentence I want him to elaborate. "If it's with you, he'll find it cute and won't mind it."

"But how can you be so sure?" I doubt this statement since Mister Jeon has never shown any signs of reciprocity at all, even if, in all honesty, I have never tried to make a move, but I just fear that he might feel uncomfortable and not appreciate it. "He's my dad. I know him, and he told me some stuff, so I know."

That is not the answer I am waiting for.

"And...what stuff did he tell you?" I do not hold back from trying to know since I am comfortable enough with him to let my curiosity take the best of me. "Well, that is a secret," a cocky smile appears on his face, and I grumble. "Come on! Don't tell me that if you cannot give me the details. I wanna know now."

"I can't tell you, don't start begging. I won't give in to you," he believes this will be enough to resist me. "Joonha. I'm gonna be the most annoying version of me for the rest of the walk up there if you don't tell me what stuff it is. So tell me now, be a good boy, please."

He broadly smiles as soon as he hears me say that. "Don't fucking call me that anymore. You wanna be my stepmom so don't say that!" he overreacts as if he was flustered by this nickname, and I giggle but continue. "And? I can call you a good boy even if I'm your stepmom. Don't you call Choco your baby boy when you called me baby girl too?"