chapter 46 | Away from you

— Next day —

Thursday, September 2nd, 2021.

6 am.

I leave the bathroom after getting ready but fall upon y/n leaving the bed when she is supposed to be sleeping more since she does not work today. "Hey, what are you doing?" I smile but wrap my arms around her to kiss her lips, not thinking about anything but last night.

"I want to be awake until you leave for work," she stares into my eyes, keeping her chin up to see me. "You better rest after that, alright?"

"I will," she agrees, so I give her another kiss. "I think you forgot to say something," I tease her, needing to hear her say it. "I will, daddy," she guesses well, making my lips curve up right away, and my heart beats harder. "Good girl. You know exactly what I want now," I pass my hand up her back and move away as a bright smile formed on her face, but she touches my waist and follows me out of the bedroom.

30 minutes later...

I chew on the toasted bread and egg to feed myself, the sound of the TV keeping the house noisy. I take a peek up at Joonha, who is eating in front of y/n and me, and I see him take a big spoon of rice.

"You asked for two days off work, right?" I ask to keep the silence away from us, and he raises his blue eyes, as blue as his mother's ones. "Yes, I want to stay home with y/n so I asked for two days. I never took any day off until now, so my boss didn't even mind it."

"Good," I express some relief. "I wish my boss was like y/n's one though. I've never seen any bosses give holidays to one of his employees," he smiles and looks up at her, so I gaze at her too, but she glances down at her food. "I'm not just an employee to him, so that's the reason why he's so protective and caring with me."

"Does that mean he wouldn't do that with your colleagues?" Joonha asks, and she nods. "I'm the only one he's close to, but he doesn't mind it when the others ask for days off. He's an amazing boss, he's very lenient and kind, so he cares about all of his employees' well-being. Unless they're disrespectful," she says something understandable, but Joonha chuckles and briefly gives me a look. "Stop complimenting another man so much, he's gonna be jealous."

"That's not true," I smile and continue eating. "Sure," he attempts to expose what he knows more about me than she does, and I sneer. "I know she is talking about a man who considers her as a daughter, and she can compliment other men."

"Hm. Yeah," he smirks and lowers his look to his dish like a little brat. "Alright, let's not talk anymore but eat," I change my mind and tend towards silence. "Of course, dad."

"You're in a good mood today, uh?" I tongue my inner cheek and lean back on my chair. "I'm always in a good mood."

"Yeah, always," I wipe my mouth and hold the tissue on the table. "I know how to get rid of that attitude though, so keep quiet. Hm?"

He chuckles at me but takes another spoon of rice. "Alright, dad. I don't want to lose my gaming setup, so I shut up now."

"Thank you," the satisfaction flows in my blood, and I finish my meal.

•••

7 am.

"See you later, baby," I hold the side of her throat from behind her chair and press a kiss on her lips to say goodbye. "See you, be careful on the road," she offers me a comforting smile and motivates me with the good impact she always has on me. "I will. See you later and take care of her," I tell the same to my son and rub her neck, and he nods. "See you, and don't worry, she'll be pampered as always," he looks up from his phone to smile at us both, and I give one last caress to her neck before leaving.