chapter 30 | Threatened

Once the door is open, he makes me go in first then closes it.

"Is that true?" he starts with a question, and I wipe my tears away. "What...?"

"What Joonha said right now, did you cry because of me?" he sticks one hand in his pocket and touches the desk on his right, but since it is useless to lie, I decide to deal with the embarrassment that reality will bring me. "I just cried because it scared me..."

A sharp exhalation runs out of his mouth, and he glances down, but I do not keep quiet, willing to make him realize how much his anger affected Joonha. "I'm sorry for being immature and not answering you. I just know that the way you reacted hurt Joonha a lot, and it makes me feel a lot of pain to see you both fight because of me."

"This is not because of you, stop blaming yourself," he says it as if he was tired of hearing me. "I..." he licks his lips, and another sigh escapes him, but he comes closer to me, and without saying anything, he wraps his arms around me and tangles his fingers in my hair to keep his hand in the back of my head.

I cannot even control my emotions anymore, this physical contact triggers an even stronger impact on me and my mind, and I end up falling for it against my will. I hug him back and close my eyes to sob in his chest.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," he slides his hand down to my neck to hold it and rubs his thumb over it. "I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, but in the spur of the moment, not getting a clear explanation as to why you both left so suddenly then seeing Joonha being so cold, that made me lose it, and I got really mad at him, but I shouldn't have. Especially right in front of you," he delicately brushes his skin over mine nonstop, effortlessly erasing all the trouble I had in my head after what happened. "And I won't be mad at neither of you, I just wanted to know why you left, and why Joonha refused to tell me anything."

"It's just me, I'm a bit oversensitive, and I was upset about the fact that you kinda seemed to care more about her than me," I do not even avoid the truth anymore, not having the power to do it, and his head lowers. His lips skim my forehead, and his hand cups the side of my throat. "I do not care more about her. Far from it."

I hate how easy it is for him to make me give in and feel good.

"I care much more about you, so you come first. You're my little girl," he whispers and smiles against my ear, and the butterflies invade my stomach. This nickname made my entire inside tingle. "Unless you don't want—"

"I do," I tighten my hold around his small waist, and he chuckles but presses his lips on my forehead and comforts me. "I won't let anyone hurt you, and I'll always be there for you, even if I'm far away, I'll be there."

"Thank you," my voice quivers, hearing those types of words for the first time and feeling deeply affected by them. "Don't thank me for that," he kisses my cheekbone and glides his hand down my back to rub it and hold me tight against his warm body. I feel so good right now.

"I'm going to apologize to Joonha, okay? He knows I didn't mean to react that way," he relieves me, and I feel happy about coming up to him and speaking up instead of staying quiet. "I'm glad you will, he was really hurt."

"I'm going to do it now," he slightly pulls away and pats the back of my head. "You're alright now, right? You don't need me to stay a little more?"

I shake my head, even though I would love to hug him for much longer. I want Joonha to hear him apologize and not leave the house. I want him to stay.

"I'll tell you once I'm done with him so that you can go back to his room," he smiles and opens the door, and I nod to him, so he leaves the room and closes the door, but as soon as I know that he is not coming back, I hurry to head up to lock myself in to make sure my stepmother will not come and take it out on me for the jealousy she feels.