chapter 4 | Jealousy

Once she hears me, she walks inside but stays at the door frame. "Y/n. We gotta talk."

"What?" I sigh but keep my head on my pillow, and she closes the door behind her. "Your behavior today. Do you like going against my orders because two men are in the house and that you want to look cool in front of them?" her ridiculous assumptions get me to scoff. I cannot believe it. She is a hypocrite.

"Sure," I do not even attempt to defend myself, knowing how useless this is. "Stop acting like a child for god's sake! You were trying so hard in front of my colleague! Don't you feel ridiculous?"

"Ridiculous?" I raise my eyebrows at her. "Aren't you the one doing everything to have your body against Mister Jeon? You think I don't notice how desperate you are to get his attention?"

A chortle instantly escapes her, and she rolls her eyes. "I'm so sick of you..." she heaves a sigh, daring to say those words when she has no idea what I have to deal with every day because of her. The room remains awkwardly silent, and she breathes out in a sharp manner. "Don't you think your dad would be—"

"Do not fucking dare to talk about my dad," I sit up to cut her off with no second thought, and I fix my eyes on her. "You do not know anything about my dad, alright? Do not even mention him again."

She does not say a word anymore, standing where she is, I nibble on my inner cheek but get back in the position I was to lie down, and she walks out of the room, quietly.

— Three days later —

Tuesday, July 27th, 2021.

6:30 pm.

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

"Dad," Joonha walks down the stairs and appears behind me as I am cooking dinner for us, so I turn around and take a sip of my drink. "Can I use your car to pick y/n up at her house?"

"Why?" I frown, wondering why she cannot join him and his friends with her own car or her mother's one. "She told me her mom doesn't want to, and she cannot use her car, and she doesn't own one."

"Oh," I put my drink down and think about my decision. I always fear letting him get in my car and drive, especially at this time. I lick my lips and lean back on the counter. "Don't tell me you don't trust me..." he understands the reason for my quietness, and I cannot help chuckling. "I trust you, but not the other people on the road."

"Come on...it's just once," he insists, willing to go skating with y/n and his friends. "Alright," I give in to him but hate it. "Thanks! I'll be back for eight," he already runs away with excitement, but I quickly straighten my back and stop him. "Wait," I walk to the other side of the kitchen bar to have him within sight. "You better be careful, wear your seat belt, and respect every sign. Got it?"

"Yes, dad. You know I'm not gonna do anything stupid or dangerous," he rolls his eyes, not knowing what it is to have a kid and be worried for them. "I just want to make sure I said it," I tuck my hands in my pockets, watching him put his shoes on. "And take care of y/n. She's the only girl, so don't let your friends bother her."

"I won't, and my friends aren't dumb," he grabs his skateboard and sets his eyes on me, his hand landing on the door's handle. "Love you, and don't be anxious for no damn reason," he opens the door, and I nod. "Love you too."

My words put a smile on his face, and he hides his head with the hood of his hoodie to get out, and he closes the door.

I am anxious, but no one can blame me, I hate to know him on the road without me. No matter how old he is, I know he is an adult, but that does not change the fact that he is my child.