Chapter 39 | Tease

"She wants to organize a big party for her birthday tomorrow since she won't have time next week, and she invited us."

I stare without saying anything after I noticed y/n look at us. This is very difficult to know what I should do in this situation. I do not know how y/n feels about past relationships yet, I do not know how she would feel about meeting my ex-wife, but I would not want to go there without her either, so I need some time to think about this. "Well, you're going, right?"

"Well, it's her birthday, so I kinda want to," he answers like I thought he would, so I take a look at y/n, but she only focuses on the dough. "You're not coming with me? Y/n can come with us, we'll go together. I'm pretty sure mom will be alright with it."

"That's up to her to decide," I look at her. "Would you want to come with us?"

"I don't know," she does not seem for it at all. "I don't know those people...and I'm not invited, so not really."

"You're not invited because she doesn't know about the situation. If she knew how close we are, she would have invited you," I do not let her misunderstand it. "I was going to tell her that you'd come with us, but I waited so that I could talk about it with you."

"I'm going to be honest, if y/n doesn't come, I won't go," I lean back on the kitchen bar, and y/n turns around to talk to me. "Why? I'll stay here with Choco, it's fine."

"No, I don't want to go there without you," I do not change my mind no matter what she says, and she does not say anything about it anymore. "Well, I can't tell her that I'm not going...I know how much it means to her."

"I know, don't worry. I'm not telling you not to go. I'll buy her a gift on the way back home, and you'll give it to her for me," I check what time it is on my phone. "I will."

"Anyway, what are you cooking exactly right now?" I move on from this topic and step towards y/n to stand behind her, and she stirs into the dough she seems to have saved. "Waffles because I told her it's your favorite in the morning."

I smile and move forth to touch her hip and kiss her cheekbone. "Thank you, sweetheart. Tell me once it's ready, okay?" I step away to leave, but she grabs my wrist. "Why? Where are you going?"

"In the backyard," I do not tell her I am going to smoke since she will not let me go. "We need your help, so stay with us, please," she guesses what I was going to do, so I try again. "Right now, like in five minutes, it's not alright?"

"No, it's not alright," she pulls on my arm and brings me back close to her, and I submit to her. "What do you need me for?"

"Show me how to do a waffle. I never used that appliance," she pretends to not know how to pour the dough in it and close it. "Sure, this is so difficult, not even Joonha can do it," I do as she wants and hear him chuckle. "I'm too dumb, sorry dad."

"Yeah. You're not too dumb to play your video games and some stupid stuff with Choco though," I plug the appliance in and turn it on so that it can heat up. "Well...my brain works for good reasons only."

"Sure," I let him carry on but see y/n stick her finger in the dough to taste it. "It's not good for your stomach," Joonha speaks before I could, and she licks it no matter what. "Listening to you is not good for my ears either."

He smiles at her small attack, and I do so. "You're mean," he pouts at her to play with her feelings. "I'm gonna tell my baby boy about it," he walks away as if he needed a pretext to leave us both alone, and I get right next to her.

I watch her wait for the light of the waffle maker to turn green, and I cross my arms but think about the topic that we were talking about. "Are you uncomfortable about the thought of seeing my ex-wife?" I do not beat around the bush, and she turns her head towards me. "I don't know..."