chapter 5 | Disrespectful

The front door of the house opens as I got the dishes out and set the table, so I look on the right, and the relief fills me in a short second once I see my son.

"Hey," he puts his skateboard against the wall to take his shoes off and hug Choco, and I check his face and hands with a quick look to make sure he did not hurt himself. "Hey, how was it? Did y/n have fun with you?" I head back to the kitchen to get the food away from the induction stove. "Yeah, she seems to have enjoyed her time a lot. I taught her how to get on the board and move," he presses a kiss on the puppy's head and puts him down to go to the sink and wash his hands. "She almost fell though, but I was there to catch her."

"Good, I'm glad you took care of her," I put the food down and sit down. "I'm starving so much," he hurries to join me and get his chopsticks in his hand. "Thanks for the food," he never forgets the sentence he says every time we get at the table for a meal, and I smile but eat as well.

"Anyway, how was your day at work?" he asks about me, always willing to hear how my day went. "It was pretty alright, let's say it was a basic day. I ate well for lunch again," I smile, faintly. He knows what this means. "No way she cooked for you again."

"Hey, she's sweet, don't be like that. I just wished she would give more attention and care to her daughter. We don't know them well enough to judge," I try to be as objective and mature as I can since I am aware of the way he feels towards Harin. "Well, from what I've seen yet, y/n is respectful to others, but her mom does not give a shit about her, and you can see it whenever you're talking to y/n, this woman tries to be the center of the attention nonstop."

"She maybe doesn't even realize it," I give an excuse, and I chew on the rice that is perfectly cooked while looking at him, who is enjoying this meal as well. "She's a mom, how can she not?" he frowns at me. He has a point. "That's what I dislike about her because there is something odd about her. When  she's at work, with me, she's very smiley, respectful and calm, and always there to serve me, but when y/n is there too, she seems and sounds different, for some reason."

"For some reason," he repeats this and mimics me, rolling his eyes to show his disbelief. "She's just fake, dad. Stop it."

"Shh," I hush him up to not hear more of this and drink some of the soup. "Don't be like that. I raised you to be a good boy, so try to be a bit more respectful, and fake if you have to because you dislike her."

"But I don't like being fake around people. If I don't like them, I let them know," he disagrees with my rules. "That's how you learn to be a good person, dad. Trust me. Trust your amazing son."

"But disliking someone for no good reason is not good," I comment and start an argument, grinning at how invested he is into this. "Well...this is not 'for no good reason'. I just can see through people. I know when they hide something bad," he shoves more food in his mouth, eating quickly because of his hunger. "Eat slowly, you're gonna have a stomachache again."

"I know, but it's so good," he does not talk about Harin anymore and drops it. I managed to effortlessly change the subject.

I wonder if the feeling he has is reasonable. What if he is right?

"Oh, by the way," he pulls his chopsticks out of his mouth but makes it graze his piercing, making me cringe at the thought of the feeling it must have. "Y/n said I remind her of you."

"You're my son, so obviously," I do not get the point he is trying to make with this. "How did you take it?" I ask the question that cannot be kept to myself, expecting no compliments from him. "Well...I felt good," he grabs a piece of meat. "It made me feel attractive. You know, like, imagine being compared to a man who was and is still very popular around girls? Nothing can make your day brighter."