chapter 3 | Chocolate

I wish he would not be so kind to her.

As expected from her, she accepts, and he leaves us to go towards her. I am now alone with Joonha at the table.

I do not want to make a mistake by bringing up a topic that might make him feel uncomfortable, so I keep quiet, but he leaves his phone on the table, locks it, and his big eyes meet mine.

For a few seconds, we both stare at each other without saying anything, and he puts one elbow down to rest his head on his hand. "Have you finished the drawing you were still working on last time we came here?"

He has not forgotten about it. That means so much to me.

"I finished it last night, but I'm not satisfied with the result, so I'll probably do it all over again," I tell him the truth, and he purses his thin lips. "Don't feel like that. You put so much effort into it, you should be proud of yourself. I mean, I'd be if I was you. You're a great artist."

"You think so?" I nervously laugh, the fluster, that a compliment causes, taking over me. "Of course I do, girl. Trust me. All the drawings or paintings that I saw from you were amazing," he affirms. "I'd love to see it now that it's done. I'm pretty sure you're putting yourself down for no reason again."

I smile but move my legs in an anxious manner. "It's in my room, it will take a few seconds if you want."

He stands up without even thinking twice. "Let me see it," he nearly leads me to my own bedroom, so I leave my chair as well but see him wait at the bottom of the stairs, so I walk them up and head to the right once I am on the first floor. I open the door, and with no fear to show him my personal space, I let him in then proceed to my desk, where the drawing is.

"Here it is," I point my finger at it, and once his eyes land on it, his lips curve up, and he tucks his hands in the pockets of his grey trousers. "I fucking knew it," he chuckles, the exact same way his father would do it. They sound so similar. "This is so pretty."

"Thank you," I say, not knowing what is the right way to react. "I'm happy to know you find it good."

"I find it amazing," he shakes his head, scrutinizing my artwork for a little longer. "I wish I was as good as you are at drawing."

"With practice, it's easy," I shrug, not understanding why he talks as if I was a professional. "Easy," he gives me a dull look, his smile not making an appearance anymore. "Sure. That's what they all say, then once you try, you realize that 'easy' for you all means 'hard as fuck' for people like me."

"Stop emphasizing so much," I roll my eyes, but he laughs. "I'm not. For real, you don't even realize how good you are. You could sell all those and earn so much money. Like, honestly," he gets one hand out. "My dad loves art so much, and I can assure you that he'd pay to hang them on the walls of our house."

"You're so funny," I take it as a joke. I cannot believe this, Mister Jeon has such rich and good taste, he would never want to waste money on this type of amateur art. He glares at me, not standing me anymore. "Let me take a pic of this," he gets his phone out and opens his camera.

This is a simple action, but this makes me feel touched.

I watch him capture a memory of my drawing in his phone, then he checks how it looks on his screen. "I'm gonna show this to my dad," he walks away at a fast pace, so I run after him. "Don't! I don't want him to see this!" I try to stop him without making too much noise, feeling the rush of blood hit my brain at the thought of Mister Jeon, an Art teacher, seeing my work, but he giggles and runs down the stairs before I could stand before him. "Dad!" he calls him. "Look at this."