Chapter 24: Audience for Royce, he has!

Bentley: "Okay, okay!! I'll agree with you guys to let her reside in the Safe-house, just as long as she doesn't interfere with our Operations in an attempt to get at the Clockwerk Wings," Bentley said, making his voice and opinion known before noticing Royce's' absence, "Uh, guys, has anyone seen Royce? He was just here!"

Murray: "He couldn't have just left, couldn't he?" Murray asked his Bentley and Sly before the pink hippopotamus unknowingly noticed one of Royce's' Calling Cards, "what is this; whose it belong to and why is it shaped like a star?" The Murray asked with confusion, as he continued eating his pizza.

Bentley: "It's shaped like a Police Star," Bentley asked, making an observable statement before realizing it was one of Royce's Calling Cards, "oh no, this is not good," Bentley said as he read the back of the Card before looking at Demona aggressively, "what did you do? What did you tell Royce to do?" Bentley asks Demona as she only shrugged clueless, to the turtle's hostility towards her. Bentley then flipped the note over before shoving it close to her chest with force, "Does this look like nothing to you?! If it were me, this note has you all over it, and if you have something to do with whatever Royce is going through; I will personally make sure our Gang makes you suffer, here, and in International Prison!"

Demona: "Hand me the note," Demona told Bentley as she waited patiently until Bentley gave her the note, and began reading the back of the Calling Card, "Do not come searching for me; right now, this is personal; it may be dangerous and possibly irrational; but until I return, do not send anyone after me.  P.S. THIS INCLUDES YOU SLY!!" Sly was surprised, if not shocked to hear such things from the note, especially coming from Royce. Speaking about him, Bentley was a concerned as to what the human had in mind. Then Demona finished reading what was left of the note, "And if any of you do come to the Ball-room, do not interfere with what I have in mind."

Murray: "That don't sound good, Bentley!"

Bentley: "You're right, Murray. This is bad, he's probably in the Palace, on the dance floor or something as we speak. What's worse is Sly is the only one that can enter the Palace undetected."

Demona: "That's not true," Demona stated, smirking a bit, "I can bring him back here, if you want. Everyone trusts me." Bentley though long and hard about the scenario involving Demona and Royce.

Bentley: "Fine, backstab us and I'll~"

Demona: "Yea, yea, I know, you'll cease my existence or something, I've heard it before." Demona said as she went into a dark corner and got into her ballroom dress to infiltrate the Palace and in an attempt to find Royce.

Meanwhile, in the Ballroom, with Royce...

Royce: "Good, everything is proceeding accordingly, my plan is working just right so far..." Royce talks to himself as he plans to approach the DJ/track-player, only to be blocked by a pair of Rhino Guards, then the two were dismissed by the undercover Interpol Agent, and Angel's personal guardian, Rainer, as she slithered her way towards Royce wanting an explanation as to why he was on the dance floor without a dance partner, "I have a few things on my mind; dancing with danger; singing with danger; for some reason I don't feel like I can properly express myself." Royce explains to the female King-Cobra/Many-banded Krait ("Two Step Snake") Rainer as she gave him a fanged-smile while also revealing her vivid, yet beautiful hood.

Rainer: "I think I can come up with something," Rainer slithers up towards Royce before whispering something to him in his ear as her tongue flickered as a result, "come up with a good song or two." Rainer suggested as she went behind their set and grabbed Royce her personal guitar and gave him her guitar before tapping the microphone, resulting in several loud pings that got the audiences' attention, "make it worthwhile, now that I got their attention for you."