Chapter 17: Royce's Distraction

Carmelita: "Come back here, Cooper," Inspector Fox yelled, thinking Royce was Sly, while in pursuit of Royce, "when I catch up with you, I'll make sure you're locked up for good!" She yelled as Royce was beginning to hear heavy footsteps approaching before being told to freeze. "FREEZE RIGHT THERE!! Drop your weapon and your hands in the air where I can see them," Carmelita demanded while pointing her Shock Pistol towards Royce. When Royce slowly put his controller-type weapon down and turned towards Carmelita, she was shocked to see Royce and not Sly Cooper. "Royce! Why are you running away and where is the Cooper Gang? Why were you sighted working alongside Sly Cooper?"

Royce: "I was..." Royce looked down in shame, "I'm sorry. Please don't arrest me." Royce begged the Inspector whom brought out a pair of handcuffs and her cellphone to bring up her unit. Then she began searching Royce of his person, finding his new Calling Cards from the Paris Nightclub crime scene.

Carmelita: "Were you the one at the crime scene?"

Royce: "Yes."

Carmelita: "Are you starting to enjoy the thieving life? Is that why you have these?!" She questioned the human, referring to his Calling Cards.

Royce: "I was at the crime scene! Please, I don't want to end up in prison!"

Carmelita, still holding onto her handcuffs and cellphone decided to phone up her boss on some "Interesting News".

Carmelita: "Now then, you have the right to remain silent," the red fox (Carmelita) said as she applied her restraints onto Royce before calling her boss at Interpol H.Q., "hey boss, remember the human that was kidnapped? Well, he's back in Interpol custody. Yes, uh-huh. Bring him to Porsche and keep him under protection?"

Chief: "I- er, we don't want to lose the human. Bring him to Porsche and her daughter. They really want him back, especially her daughter, she won't quit nagging about her human "daddy" and wants him back."

Carmelita: "Understood," Carmelita says through the phone as she hangs up, before removing Royce's restraints, "Well Royce, I guess both you and I are lucky. Now why do you have a cane that resembles Sly's?"

Royce: "Bentley made it?" Royce said hoping she would buy it.

Carmelita: "Ok. What did the Cooper Gang make you do during your captivity? Did they hurt you in any way?"

Royce: "Take these handcuffs off, give me back my cane and my weapon and I'll tell you. Maybe if you give me a kiss as well?" Hearing this from Royce made Carmelita flustered and blush as a result just from the thought of such an action.

Carmelita: "Ok, just don't pull off anything funny or I'll rip your n**s off and charge you with sexual harassment and maybe assault if you really want to push it." As a result, Carmelita received a kiss from Royce making her really blush before releasing him from his cuffs and giving Royce his cane and weapon. "No more funny business, and we DO NOT talk about what happened tonight. Do you understand? I do not want to lose my job."

Royce: "You have my word Ms. Fox, in the meantime, learn to shoot and don't call me Sly Cooper." He told the red fox as she and Royce headed back towards Carmelita's police cruiser and towards Interpol H.Q. where he was reunited with Porsche and Haley.