Chapter 2: Where Am I?

Royce: "This is odd..." Royce says to himself as he begins hearing beeping, noises, and the voices of people, "Hello, is anyone there?!" Royce yells out loud thinking he was hearing things.

Doctor 1: "Nurse, the patient is awake!"

Royce: "Patient?! I'm in a hospital? Impossible!! Humanity should be extinct." Before Royce knew it, a Spotted Leopard in a Nurse Practitioner's outfit came in. Royce ended up panicking, "Oh my god, you're a Leopard! And... and you're walking!! What the heck is going on here?!?! What year is it??"

Nurse: "Sir, my name is Chelle and I will be your current Nurse Practitioner. As of year and where you are," Chelle flips through several papers, "August-Fifth-Thirty-Fifty. To answer your other question as to why you're here... you were unconscious after you were hit by an oncoming car."

Royce: "Are they alright?"

Nurse: "Would you like to ask her, yourself?"

Royce: "Who?"

Nurse: "The woman who saved your life."

Royce: "Is this woman also an animal who walks like a human?"

Ms.Chelle: "She is a Vixen of Interpol. How do you not know of these things? You're not from around here, are you?"

Royce: "I'm a human Ms.Chelle..." When Royce broke the news to Nurse Chelle which was a surprise to her, although Ms.Chelle didn't believe the 23 year old, she stepped outside Royce's room and began informing the Interpol Agent that rescued him, "Am I in trouble or something?"

Ms.Chelle: "No, absolutely not. I figured you might want to meet the one that rescued you. Inspector Fox, he's awake!!"

Ms.Fox: "Ah, so it is awake..." Carmelita Montoya Fox came in flashing her Interpol badge which began to concern Royce even more while not even used to the fact that humanity is pretty much extinct and the rise for sentient animals has occurred, "Inspector Carmelita Montoya Fox of Interpol, I have a few questions to ask you if you don't mind..."

Royce: "Please tell me this is a dream, please tell me this is a dream, please tell me this is a dream, please tell me this is a dream..." Royce panics thinking he was dreaming, "THIS ISN'T A DREAM," he began to realize as he was talking to a female Fox "...And I'm talking to another animal!! I want to talk to someone who's a human, bring me someone who's human!!"

Carmelita: "Sir."

Royce: "WHAT??!"

Carmelita: "Humans are just mere myths. There is no such thing as a human."

Royce: "Then explain why I am here and not back in my cryopod? What happened to humanity? The last thing I remember is the base getting overwhelmed by enemy forces before being put to sleep!"

Nurse Chelle and Inspector Carmelita Montoya Fox look at each other in disbelief.

Carmelita: "What year were you 'frozen' sir?"

Royce: "December 13, 2021."

Carmelita: "Sir, I'm going to need you to come to the Station for questioning."

Nurse Chelle: "He is not fit for release Ms.Fox. I will not release him into your custody until he's fully recovered. Do I make myself understood, Ms.Fox?"

Carmelita: "That's understood, Ms.Chelle. I'll be leaving now."