48

Sadie's POV

-

"-Hey, Sadie! Can you come here for a minute?" William called for me. I guess he's home from practice. I put Caleb down and walked out to the living room, where William was and tried to give him a hug and a kiss but he didn't react.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Auston said that you guys had sex the entire time you were in Arizona with him. Is this true?" He asked. I felt my heart drop to my stomach and felt like all the color drained out of my body.

"Is it true?" He repeated. My eyes welled up with tears.

"Yes..." I sighed. A look of betrayal and anger washed over his face as his eyes welled up with tears.

"How could you do this to me, Sadie?! After all I've done for you!" He cried. I remained silent.

"I forgave you the first time this happened because you told me it would never happen again!" He continued. I looked down at the ground in shame.

"How come I'm not enough for you, Sadie?!" He shouted.

"You are!" I shot back.

"Obviously not! What happened to 'it was always you, William'?! Why was I stupid enough to believe that after you've already cheated on me once?!" He snapped.

"It was an accident! I didn't mean for it to happen!" I retorted.

"Yeah... because you can accidentally slip and fall on a dick" he scoffed. I rolled my eyes.

"It just happened. I didn't mean for it to happen" I insisted.

"Whatever. I'm done with the excuses. It all makes sense now. Why you wouldn't have sex with me when you first got back, why you get so upset when Auston is a dick. It all adds up. It's because you've been fucking him behind my back this entire fucking time!" He spat.

"William, I love you" I told him. I'm holding my composure surpringly well, I haven't completely broken down, yet. Just a few stray tears rolling down my cheek.

"No, you don't. If you did, you wouldn't keep fucking my teammate. This whole relationship is a fucking lie. How long were you gonna sit on this fucking secret, Sadie? How long?" He asked. I remained silent.

"Yeah. Exactly. You weren't gonna tell me because you know you did wrong. I don't know why you're with me. I don't know what I did so wrong to deserve to be treated like this" he stated.

"You didn't do anything wrong" I assured him.

"Obviously, I did. You keep running back to the same shitty guy behind my back while you tell me that you're in love with me without feeling an ounce of guilt" he spat.

"How would you know if I feel guilty or not?" I asked.

"If you felt any type of guilt, you would've came clean with it long ago" he replied.

"I did feel guilty. That's why I didn't tell you. I'm afraid of losing you." I stated.

"Well, unfortunately, you are losing me. I can't take this anymore, Sadie. I love you so fucking much and a life without you makes me feel sick to my stomach, but I can't keep letting you do this to me. I just hope you don't lead on the next guy like you did me. Thanks" he told me.

"You're breaking up with me?" I asked.

"Yup." He stated simply.

"William, please don't do this!" I begged.

"I have to, Sadie. I have to. I can't keep letting you walk all over me and take advantage of all the love I have to give. You were never over Auston, I should've known that in the beginning because you said that he accused you of trying to sleep with one of his teammates to get back at him. I should've known when you wouldn't label our relationship because of commitment issues. You refused to label our relationship until after you cheated on me for the first time. What kind of fucking relationship is this, Sadie?" He pointed out.

"We can fix this, William" I insisted.

"No. We can't. If I give you another chance, you're just gonna continue to betray my trust because you don't respect me. I've let you into my home, I stood by you during your pregnancy and cared for Caleb as if he was my own and that still wasn't enough. I guess I have to be a deadbeat for you to feel attracted to me" he replied.

"I'm gonna stay at Mitch's tonight. You can either move out or I can transfer the lease into your name and I'll find a new place. I don't care. I just can't do this anymore" he told me.

"I'll move back to Kody's. No worries." I told him.

"Can you be out of here by this weekend?" He asked. I nodded.

"I love you" I told him.

"Don't." He spat.

"When you have all of your stuff out, just leave the key I gave you on the counter" he told me before grabbing his car keys and walking out.

I sat down on the couch and broke down into tears. I knew it was eventually gonna come out but I wanted it to be on my own terms. Not because of Auston.