22

I sighed as I parked my car in the driveway at Steph, Mitch and Auston's house. I need to get this out of the way. I have to tell Auston.

I got out of my car and walked towards the front door, I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer.

After about a minute, I rang the doorbell again and after about twenty seconds, Mitch answered the door.

"Steph isn't home right now, please leave a message after the beep. Beeeeeeppppp" Mitch stated. I laughed at his goofiness. Mitch lights up everybody's day when they're having a bad day just because of how goofy he is.

"I'm actually here for Auston, ya walnut" I chuckle.

"Walnut? That's a new one. Auston is in his room." He laughed. He let me in and I began to walk towards Auston's room.

"Don't kill him, please! The Leafs kinda need him!" Mitch shouted as I knocked on Auston's door. I rolled my eyes. Auston opened his door and glared at me.

"What do you want?" He asked. Well, hello to you too, Mr. Matthews. I didn't wanna see you either!

"We need to talk" I told him.

"About what?" He asked.

"Can we talk in your room? I don't want Mitch to hear" I asked.

"You don't have to worry about me listening on your conversation!" Mitch shouted from the living room. Thanks for the input, Marns.

"Is it really that important?" Auston asked.

"Yes, Auston!" I snapped. He rolled his eyes and let me into his room, shutting the door behind him.

"Talk" he demanded. I handed him the ultrasound picture. He stared at it for a second and looked at me.

"You're pregnant?" He asked. I nodded.

"What does that have to do with me?" He asked. Is he really this fucking stupid?

"It's your kid, Auston! My birth control failed! I'm nine weeks pregnant! You're the father!" I stated, raising my voice. I watched the color drain from his face, looking as if he saw a ghost. He stood there for a minute before he sat down, absorbing the information I just told him.

"Are you keeping it?" He asked.

"I don't know, yet. I'm attached but I'm not sure if I can support a kid" I sighed.

"I'll do everything I can to help" he told me.

"Does Willy know?" He asked.

"Yeah, and he wants to take a break. He doesn't know how to process any of this" I explained.

"Does he know it's not his?" He asked.

"Yeah" I shrugged.

"How did he take to that? How did he take to the fact that you cheated on him?" He asked. Does he ever stop asking questions?

"He knew it was a possibility that it wasn't his. He's known for over a month that I cheated on him" I replied.

"You told him?!" He asked, irritated.

"Not exactly, he had a gut feeling and was able to put the pieces together and I confirmed it" I told him.

"And he just stayed with you?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I mean, he cheated on me, as well whenever he got that suspicion that I cheated on him to even out the playing field. It's fair now and we were doing okay" I shrugged.

"If it was fine, he wouldn't have broken up with you" he replied.

"Well, let's put it into perspective, Auston. Would you stay with me if I were pregnant with Will's baby?" I asked, hypothetically. He stayed silent for a moment before answering.

"You have a point but if he cared so much, he wouldn't have asked for a break" he told me.

"Auston, you have no fucking clue how amazing that man is. He has stood by my side for everything and forgave me when I cheated on him. He is the most patient and caring man a woman could ever ask for. He is the man I'm in love with" I snapped.

"If you're in love with him, then why did you sleep with me that night?" He asked.

"I was drunk, Auston! It was a mistake!" I shot back.

"I'm going home. I'll only contact you if it's pertaining to the baby" I told him. He looked down at the ground, not saying a word as I walked out of the room. 

As I was about to walk out of the house, I was stopped by Mitch.

"You okay, Sades?" Mitch asked.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. Why do you ask?" I lied.

"Well, I caught wind of your conversation with Auston. I know you're upset. I know you're more so friends with Steph but just know that I'm here too if you need someone to talk to." He explained.

"Yeah. I'm upset, but it's no biggie" I chuckled.

"If you don't mind me asking, why were you and Auston arguing?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant and it's his" I sighed.

"Woah... when did that happen? I thought you and Willy were together?" He asked, completely thrown off.

"Well, try not to look at me any differently but I got drunk with Aus while you and Steph were on vacation and we messed up. But it was okay, because Will cheated too. It's even. But Will wanted to go on a break after I told him that I was pregnant" I explained.

"Good lord kid. Your life is a damn soap opera" he replied, shaking his head.

"Yeah yeah" I stated, rolling my eyes.

"But you know Steph and I are here for you, no matter what." He assured me.

"Thanks, Mitchy" I smiled, giving him a hug.

"No problem, Sades. I'll text you to let you know when Steph gets off work, so you can tell her your big news" he replied. I nodded before I walked out the door.

I lost my boyfriend and I have an annoying baby daddy. I suck at making good decisions. I wouldn't be here if I would've just said no to day drinking with Auston.