-𝘜𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦-

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲
*𝗦𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻*

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲 *𝗦𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻*

__________________________________

I tossed and turned in the bed, unable to get to sleep. It was now 1am and everyone fell asleep hours ago after the mission. We were staying in some crappy caravan that Nat's friend owned however it only Clint, Nat, Tony and I on the mission. The problem was, if it wasn't my bed, I get no sleep.

"Y/N stop movinggg" Tony groaned groggily, turning to face the wall. I sigh, knowing I'm not going to get to sleep so I sit up and rub my eyes. As I got up, the mattress rose a bit causing Tony to throw a pillow over his head. Rolling my droopy eyes, I left the room and grabbed my jacket, walking outside to the pitch black but star-lit sky.

In all fairness, it was a bit chilly wear just shorts and a jacket but I shrugged it off and walked a few meters away from the caravan and stared into the woods

In all fairness, it was a bit chilly wear just shorts and a jacket but I shrugged it off and walked a few meters away from the caravan and stared into the woods. It was pitch black, the violent wind rustled the leaves and the night animals twitched and crawled. I kept staring, looking at passing hedgehogs, foxes, even badgers.

The caravan door opened causing me to turn around and see Tony standing there "Y/N what on earth are you doing?!" He whisper shouted, running over to me. I shrugged and looked back at the woods. He grabbed my hand and ushered me inside but I stood still. Tony sighed in defeat and put an arm around me, resting his head on my shoulders.

My ears suddenly pricked up, I could hear twigs snapping and footsteps coming from the woods. "Y/N, get inside!" Tony whispered, pulling me inside and locking the door. I ran over to Nat's room and shook her "Get your ass up, someone's outside" I whispered and ran back to the main area. Clint and Tony were crouching down, peeking out the window. "Why the hell would someone be out at this hour?" Nat mumbled, grabbing four guns and starting to load them, still crouching. "To kill us obviously" Clint answered sarcastically. I shoved him and saw a tall, black figure standing at the edge of the woods. Tony crawled over to me and crouched in front of me protectively as we all backed away from the door. Nat threw us all a gun and we crouched a few meters away, ours guns directly pointing at the door.

The footsteps got louder and a shadow formed on the floor from the moonlight. I breathed in quietly as the door handle turned and a tall man walked in. We all shot our guns causing him to collapse and fall onto the floor. I threw my gun across the room and crawled over to him. "Y/N wait-!" Nat said. I checked his wrists and suddenly his hands wrapped around mine causing me to scream. My elbows landing in his face and foot in his nuts, knocking him out and I crawled backwards and fell into Tony's lap. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly "Are you okay, show me your wrists" he asked quickly. I showed them and he kissed them softly before planting one on my lips. "Can we just kill him now?" Clint asked. "No! We need answers, there could be more, we need to get back to shield, now!" Nat ordered, running to her room and grabbing her stuff.

Tony and Clint grabbed the man and tied his hands to his back, ankles to his ankles and duck tape over his mouth. We shoved him into the boot of the car and I grabbed our stuff and threw it in the back. Nat and I sat in the back and Tony and Clint sat in the front. "What a lovely extended mission" Nat said, cleaning my wrists. "Yeah delightful" Tony added, trying to get signal. I sigh and Nat finished putting plasters on my wrists then she rested her head on the bags. I put my head on my hand and looked out the window to see few cars driving at 2am.

Two hours later at 4am we got back and Tony called a meeting. Clint and I grabbed the man and dragged him along the floor as Tony and Nat grabbed the stuff. The Avengers were all sat in the meeting room along with Fury who looked very pissed. "Why the hell would you wake us up at 4AM?!" Fury asked, slamming his hand on the table. Then Clint and I walked in and put the person on a chair who was staring to wake up. "Where'd you find him?" Steve asked. "Y/N and I were looking into the woods, yes I know ridiculous, and then we heard footsteps and ran inside" Tony explained. They all slowly nodded as two guards took him down or the conference room. "Well maybe we can carry this on tomorrow" Fury gritted through his teeth. "I'm in, goodnight people!" I say quickly, walking out the room drowsily.

I throw myself into the bed and sink into the mattress, taking in the lovely smell of Tony and Is bedroom. Tony walked in soon after, getting in next to me and pulling the covers over us. He turned on his side to look at me fast asleep already, gently brushing his hand over my face. "I promise I'll keep you safe".