thirty three ➳ the birth of a new world☑️

As Vivian and the group walked through the school to the main gate, the students that decided to stay and fight gathered in a panic and stared at the sky beyond the broken veil. Of course, they were all familiar with the concept of weather other than blue skies which the veil provided but as they gazed upon the thick grey clouds before them the students couldn't help but tremble.

When the gathered students saw Vivian, they swiftly parted to clear a path for the grand witch. Alexis, Liana, Jaylene, Rhea, Historia and Lucifer all followed behind her slowly and quietly. Even Jaylene knew to keep her usual comments to herself for at this moment they all realised the severity of the situation.

Once the group reached the gates, as predicted,  they saw The Dean standing with The Creator, Elijah and Liberty. Behind them, neatly arranged in lines, were the supernaturals they had...recruited. Their army had not yet reached the main gate but they already had enough numbers to spread them out for miles across the island. They had the school practically surrounded.

"At all costs, we make sure they don't breach The Academy," Vivian spoke in a voice which allowed all of the academy to hear.

The students behind the main group roared and ran forward leaving behind the main eight.

"I will catch up with you later." Lucifer cracked his neck as he stepped forward, "I want to rough up the Creator before Historia gets there." Without waiting for Vivian's approval, Lucifer disappeared.

"Wouldn't he be useful?" Jaylene asked.

"Yes but no matter, our job is to get Historia to The Dean. If we have to drop off our formation to take out anybody who might hinder that task, then we won't hesitate to do so. From this moment on we must all be prepared to sacrifice our lives so that The Dean dies, The Creator is still a priory but-"

Vivian stopped as she recognised a familiar scent. The group noticed the shift and followed her gaze. Their eyes all focused on Richard and the group of hunters who surrounded him. They were walking towards the gate with malicious grins plastered on their faces.

"I thought I had taken him out of action," Alexis smirked as they remembered the vivid imagery of the tortured man.

"Clearly not," Liana deadpanned as she sighed, ready to be on the offensive.

The group prepared to fight but Rhea stopped them, "Leave him to me for now. We have unfinished business. I'll join you when they're all dead."

"I'll stay," Jaylene stepped forward and offered a helping hand.

"No, you can't kill them, leave it to me." Rhea insisted and won.

Jaylene nodded reluctantly and Historia smiled gratefully at Rhea's self-sacrifice before they began their charge into the army.

Just like on the cruise ship, Rhea sheathed a small knife from the inside of her boot before she ran forward, weaving through bodies of enemies and allies. Eventually, she found her way to the first hunter where she stealthily slit his throat and took his gun. Somehow other hunters were alerted of her presence and so in retaliation, they fired their guns in her general direction hoping to do damage.

Rhea reacted quickly and used the dead hunter's body as a shield. However she knew that it wouldn't work for much longer, and she would need to find a way out. She breathed in and counted three slow seconds in her head before lifting the dead body and throwing it in the direction of the hunters.

Not knowing what else to do they directed their fire at the body giving Rhea a window to shoot them down with the gun she had looted. Once the gunshots halted she dropped the gun and continued her search for her father. Her previous attack wasn't her most precise which meant many more bodies than just hunters went down and so she searched the corpses beneath her.