thirteen ➳ soul sisters☑️

Historia stepped to the mat with Avery as her sparring partner. The matches hadn't officially started yet, each group in the hall was warming up and prepping for what was about to come. The redhead girl watched and gulped as the anticipation rose from the depths of her stomach. As optimistic as the girl was overall, knew she knew her chances were quite slim when it came to self-defence.

"Show me your stance," Avery asked.

Historia took a clumsy stance and Avery struggled to stifle a laugh, "What do you call that?"

"My fighting stance?" Historia answered with uncertainty.

Avery laughed at the girl, but in the nicest way. Her eyes ran over Historia's body and observed that her base wasn't sturdy enough and she could get blown away easily by the wind. Her hands were too high at her face which meant that she'd struggle to see her opponent's attacks.

"What's wrong with it?" Historia pouted.

"It's quite bad. You haven't done something like this before, have you?"

"I didn't need it before, I was very...sheltered." Historia had her arms across her body, hugging herself almost.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"You're sorry?" Historia raised an eyebrow in question.

"Being sheltered is terrible in my opinion. You're too gorgeous to be hidden away from the world."

"Such wise words." Historia rolled her eyes, blushing.

"Don't mock me, I could beat you up in a split second."

"Maybe when you teach me how to fight back, I'll allow you to do whatever you want to me."

Alexis had their arms crossed while they walked slowly around the room listening to the conversation between the two girls. At Historia's suggestion, anger boiled through their veins again.

"Wow, they're really getting along," Liana teased on the other side of the room. Due to their super hearing Alexis could hear every word.

"Historia is getting side-tracked, we're here for Rhea. Nothing more, nothing less," Alexis firmly stated.

"Maybe it would be best if she learned something," The witch suggested.

"Why does she need to if we're protecting her?" Alexis grew annoyed quickly.

"She can't depend on other people her whole life." Liana shrugged.

"Why all of a sudden are you taking her side?" Alexis stopped and turned around to look at the witch taunting her.

"Because it's pissing you off," Liana copied the vampire's earlier excuse, "I find that entertaining." The witch crossed her arms and smirked back, confident in her stance of annoying the vampire.

Alexis grunted and turned away from the witch. They knew in some sense she was right, but couldn't get rid of the feeling that they liked Historia depending on them. They watched as Avery corrected Historia's stance, stepping extremely close to the girl. Alexis wanted to do something, anything, to make sure Historia could only think about them.

At that moment Historia looked up and her eyes met Alexis'. Neither broke eye contact for a while. Historia saw and felt the anger of Alexis' stare and her body temperature rose. Historia had a few ideas in the back of her mind as to why Alexis seemed so mad, but the only one that made the most sense was that Alexis was jealous.

Historia internally smiled at the thought but shook it off because then Avery snapped Historia back into reality. After that it was hard for Historia to focus on what Avery was showing her, the redhead couldn't get the lingering thought of Alexis out of her mind; especially now that she knew she was being intensely watched.