ten ➳ hello, alter ego☑️

"Historia, you're trying way too hard, you look like you're about to do a shit," Jaylene commented from the side lines.

Historia held out her hand, focussing on the box in front of her. For a week, her task had been to move a box. Every day after breakfast like clockwork Lucifer, Jaylene and Historia would be out in the courtyard located to the east of the school, practising her magic. Lucifer wanted to see if she was able to produce magic without the trigger, but so far, the answer seemed to be no. Liana and Alexis were supposed to be taking shifts watching Historia, but Alexis had avoided every shift this week.

It was now a Friday and in the back of Historia's mind, she was beginning to worry. Historia believed that she was perfectly capable of performing magic, she had done it once before; however this time it was near impossible due to the messy state of her mind.

Historia wasn't able to get rid of wandering thoughts about the distant vampire that had been tasked with protecting her. She figured they would be here today but there was no sign of them, there hadn't been all week since Lucifer arrived. This unsettled the redhead more than she wanted.

"Maybe I do need to poo," Historia let her hands drop to her sides," Can't we focus on something else, like finding my powers?" The girl grew annoyed, it had been like this every day all day. She had hoped something would come from this, but the only thing that had changed was how toned the girl's arms were.

"We are doing that in the background, The Headmistress is preparing Liana for the spell," Lucifer interjected.

"And I'm sure when they find it, lifting a box will be of so much use to me," Historia grunted sarcastically.

Lucifer hit the back of her head with a stick, "Try again, without the sarcasm."

Historia rubbed the back of her head where the stick had hit her as she rolled her eyes, "Yes sir." She sighed, focusing once again on the box.

With a deep breath in and then out again she decided to fixate on one thing. Instead of Alexis, she let her frustration take over and fill her mind, slowly she began to grow angry with the fact that she couldn't perform what others perceived as simple magic. Irrational thoughts clouded her brain, making her doubt herself and what people said she was. Historia began to question her purpose at the school if she couldn't even perform what everyone around her deemed as simple magic. The girl's pupil colour slowly began to shift to a blood-red. When she stepped closer to the box it shook violently.

Lucifer looked at his daughter and saw the shift in her eyes. He nudged Jaylene and whispered, "Go and get Alexis."

"I don't know where Alexis is, what's going on?" Jaylene whispered back violently, watching Historia change state. There was something oddly fascinating yet scary about how her body shifted from being a human to becoming a fallen angel.

"She's doing something, but it's not her I don't think, look at her eyes," Lucifer whispered back.

They had already identified that when she shifted Historia was not in control, hence the need for bodyguards, but there was a preference for Alexis, as they were the only one able to calm her down so far. Jaylene looked over to Historia and recognised what Lucifer was referring to.

"I was told Alexis was the only person here who was able to calm her down. If she doesn't move the box soon, we might need her," Lucifer continued.

Jaylene nodded, speeding off. Now and then, the girl's eyes would shift back to green and then to red again. Historia wanted to stay in control, she didn't like the idea of not knowing what she was capable of doing when she let out this other side to her, but something about her alter ego made it almost impossible to fight against.