twenty-six ➳ the original vampire part two☑️

As soon as the pair stepped off the plane the redhead was eager to explore the place Alexis deemed home for their early life. They landed near midday in the sun-soaked city of Catania. However, Alexis failed to mention the long walk needed to get to the Villa which belonged to their birth family. By the time they reached near to their destination, the sun already began to set, signalling the arrival of the evening.

"We're near, aren't we?" Historia asked as she sensed Alexis' mood shift.

Alexis nodded, their body stiff.

"Thank you for taking me this far, are you okay to carry on I don't want to-" Historia stopped and turned to Alexis.

"No, it's okay." Alexis smiled politely.

Historia nodded and turned her eyes forward. In her line of gaze, she saw a newspaper stand a few feet ahead. The headline in bold read -

THE GIORDANO VAMPIRE RETURNS, TAKING THE LIFE OF THREE DRUNK MEN OUTSIDE A BAR NEAR THE GIORDANO'S ESTATE

Historia walked over to the stand and picked up a paper. She held it towards Alexis, getting their attention. "Was that you?"

The vampire hesitated for a few seconds but then realised that telling the girl about this murder was not nearly as bad as revealing their backstory.

"Yeah." Alexis finally answered while they scratched the back of their head awkwardly.

"Who were the men?" Historia questioned, not because she was mad but because she was curious.

"Bastards who deserved to die for harassing a girl." Alexis' tone became aggressive immediately.

"Does the town know you're a vampire?"

"The townspeople are very superstitious. I come around the same time every couple of years and each time I do people end up dying with most of their blood missing. It's very easy for them to connect the dots. It's not a big deal because who is going to believe a small Italian town filled with superstitious old people?"

"Why do they call it a curse?"

"A very small number of people remember what happened when I was still alive, it was mostly children of the servants who used to work for my father. They saw how I was mistreated and believed that I haunt the estate, killing the family that never loved me, or anyone who seems to piss me off."

"Hm, they've really gotten you all figured out." Historia joked as she returned the newspaper.

"I know, it's quite scary actually."

"So, your family won't recognise you?"

"They know my name, not what I look like."

"Okay." Historia intertwined her hand with Alexis', "Let's go."

Alexis began walking again, leading the way. The estate was at the end of a long and wide path that eventually started to become narrow. Once the path could only hold about three people, it stopped, and the rest of their path was blocked by a large guarded gate.

Alexis let go of Historia's hand briefly and the girl's stomach sank. They stepped forward to one of the guards with a mischievous smirk.

"You didn't see me enter and you won't see me leave." Alexis compelled the guards making it easier to walk through the gates unchallenged, "Open the gates."

They obeyed immediately, grunting as they pulled the gates apart letting the pair into the mansion. Historia stepped forward and squeezed Alexis' hand reassuringly as they walked into the courtyard. There was a smooth stone path that led to a mansion similar in size to the one back at the academy. On either side of the path, there was a small but neat grass field. There were no cars or statues at the front of this mansion which helped differentiate it from the Luciano estate at the academy. This courtyard was much emptier however its land still held great value.