thirty one ➳ an eye for an eye☑️

It only took three kicks filled with rage to burst down the doors of Historia's holding place.  As Alexis entered the room, they saw that Historia was the only person in there tied to a table by metal cuffs.

"Historia?" The vampire called out.

Alexis tried their hardest to keep their voice steady but at the sight of the redhead, it broke. The girl didn't respond directly to their call, she only moved slightly within her constraints. Alexis walked forward, without a care in the world for anything other than Historia.

"Historia?" Alexis whispered as they neared the girl, and touched the girl's arm lightly. 

To the vampire's surprise, she flinched away from their touch. In distress, Alexis walked away briefly running their hands through their hair and sighing. Historia in her state only then began to recognise Alexis' voice calling her desperately back to consciousness.

"Come on Historia you can't be dead." Alexis turned back to the girl.

"Alexis?" Historia faintly spoke.

"Thank god, come on we have to get you up." Alexis took a breath out in relief once they saw that Historia was conscious.

"You can't." Historia weakly protested.

"What are you talking about?" Alexis held the girl's face gently, stroking her cheek with their thumb.

"You can't break me out." Historia spoke again, "It's some sort of metal that's harmful to us. I've tried but the only way to escape is to sever my hands and feet off,"

"I'll heal, just hold still."

"Alexis don't-"

The vampire refused to listen again, they already had placed their hands over the restraint covering the girl's ankles. They took a deep breath in before touching the metal and lifting it out of its hinges. They managed to do both before the burning pierced their skin enough to draw blood.

"Alexis you're going to burn off your hand!" Historia protested still.

The vampire ignored her again and walked to where Historia's hands were. Out of the corner of her eye, Historia could see that Alexis' hands still hadn't healed and were about to protest further but they touched the metal still, this time Alexis winced loudly in pain. Their hands were seconds away from beginning to bleed out but at that moment the restraints flew off their hinges on the table and Historia was free.

With the strength she had left, Historia embraced Alexis in a hug. Alexis could feel how much lighter Historia was and how uneven and laboured her breathing was. From this, they guessed that for the 5 days she was missing The Dean failed to provide the essentials that would keep her alive and healthy. The vampire grew hot in rage knowing these were the conditions she was kept in for days.

Alexis pulled away intending to say words of comfort which she knew the redhead would appreciate but before that could happen, Historia cupped the vampire's face and pulled them close, connecting their lips in a soft but searing kiss.

Alexis then realised it wasn't necessary to say anything, the kiss they were sharing said it all and more. It showed how much they both missed each other and how scared and lost Historia felt. For Alexis, it confirmed that being apart from Historia was torture. Such passion and longing for one person only scared the vampire more but being with her now reminded them that they can't run.

"I'm here now," Alexis pulled away breathlessly, "I'm never letting go of you again."

"I-...I thought you were dead...Elijah said she killed you...I didn't know I-" The girl's eyes watered and a stray tear escaped from her golden orbs which were glossed over.