twenty-two ➳ the games☑️

"Good morning everyone!" The Dean's voice happily announced through her microphone.

The woman had comfortably placed herself at the podium set before a hall full of no less than eighty thousand students. It was a strange sight to see the whole school gathered in one place, it was hard to believe that many people could fit in a hall but Vivian made it work. When The Dean had said she wanted to make an announcement to the whole school that morning Vivian created a temporary hall between the grassland that separated the second and fourth-year campus.

It had been a week since The Dean's arrival at the school and a week since Historia had started working with The Dean about how to control her powers. So far, Historia hadn't seen anything overly suspicious or dangerous about her but Alexis always had their guard up and refused to let Historia go anywhere on her own around the campus. It was one of the reasons why Alexis stood firmly by her side now as the pair watched the Dean deliver her announcement. On the podium with her were Vivian, Liana, Liberty and Elijah. The rest of the group had dispersed themselves among the crowd as ordered by Alexis and Vivian.

At the beginning of the week, Historia believed it was cute that Alexis was showing they cared, but at some points later in the week, it became annoying as it felt like the vampire didn't trust the redhead to protect herself.

In Historia's lessons during the week, The Dean had taught her basic rules about how to control her power, telling her she always needed one focus point that she could draw every emotion from. The Dean guessed it would be Alexis and Historia shyly agreed.

The girl looked at the tall vampire standing next to her and smiled to herself as she admired what she could from this angle. Their jaw was tense as they stared at The Dean. Their brown curls laid still just over their shoulders, and the sun highlighted the very subtle blonde strands blended throughout their hair. Historia gulped and shuffled closer to Alexis, rubbing her hand against theirs. Alexis felt the subtle touch and smiled to themselves discreetly before doing the same.

Jaylene was a few rows back but could easily spot them. Next to her was Rhea who was focused on trying to figure out what The Dean really wanted out of the announcement. Her focus was disrupted when Jaylene nudged Rhea's elbow.

Rhea saw that Jaylene was practically vibrating on the spot from excitement and so decided to entertain her curiosity.

"What's going on between them?"

"I'm not completely sure, how about interrogating the bastard redhead later?" Jaylene whispered back.

"Deal." Rhea shrugged, agreeing easily.

Jaylene turned to the blonde girl and they shook on it, laughing at their mutual enjoyment of teasing Historia.

Alexis' gaze fixated on Elijah and Liberty. The Egyptian witch winked at the vampire while Liberty only grinned smugly when they noticed their gaze on them. Alexis hadn't spoken to Liberty since she returned with The Dean and wasn't planning on making the first move. If they did they were certain Liberty would end up with a severed head.

"I don't think glaring at them will achieve your desired effect," Historia whispered to Alexis. Despite the height difference, it was still possible.

"What do you believe my desired effect is half-blood?" Alexis responded.

"To kill them." Historia shrugged, guessing Alexis would want to do the most violent thing possible.

"Hmm," Alexis paused to consider the image, "Anything is possible you know," they confirmed Historia's guess.

"I mean if looks could kill there would be a pretty bloody scene on the podium."

"That's the dream," Alexis chuckled.