twenty-one ➳ just another normal day☑️

"The concept of merging dulls down the extent of your powers to even you. When you think of the word merge, what do you believe it means?" The Dean began her lecture as she sat in the field behind the mansion.

"To put two things together and make it one." Historia scratched her head and readjusted herself on the field in front of The Dean.

"Exactly. But to do that with your powers would mean cramming them into a small space and keeping them contained. In your mind, you should still think of yourself as being two people -three people if you want-. The first is the human side which has stuck with you for as long as you've known, your fallen angel that you're more used to using and then your archangel which is a very new discovery. They all have a wide variety of powers to draw from that shouldn't be contained, it should be looked at as a whole entity."

Historia nodded as she listened and attempted to be as attentive as she could, but part of her drifted off and looked beyond The Dean. Instead, Historia fixated on the interaction between Alexis and Elijah. Elijah was standing very close to the vampire, smiling and biting her lip as her hands touched the vampire's arm. The redhead chewed the inside of her teeth and clenched her fists at the action. Her vision began to block out everyone other than Elijah and soon all noise but the faint conversation she was having with Alexis could be heard.

The Dean noticed Historia's attention was elsewhere and smirked to herself seeing the girl's powers being expressed slightly due to her jealousy and anger over Elijah being around Alexis. The Dean watched as Historia's eyes turned from red and blue to a deep yellow, the girl's ears became pointed and very slowly as she grew angrier, black ink began to form from her wrist. As the ink travelled up her arm it made a lightning pattern as if she were struck by one. The ink ended halfway over her cheek.

The Dean recognised this pattern easily as it was a pattern common with powerful fallen angels and demons. This pattern in particular was one she hadn't seen yet. As much as she wanted to see what would happen if Historia went all out, it would cause too much suspicion right now if she refused to calm Historia down.

The Dean took a deep breath in, inhaling only the smallest amount of the immense power from the small girl in front of her held

"Historia." The Dean clicked her fingers and in an instant Historia returned to normal, her eyes, however, kept their yellow glow. The Dean looked back at Elijah and Alexis, "You're jealous?"

"Pfft what no-" Historia laughed awkwardly.

"Your powers, I could see you change because of those emotions. Has this happened before?"

"Yes, before I merged," Historia answered reluctantly. The girl didn't see how The Dean could use this information against her.

The Dean gasped, "That's extraordinary."

"It is? I was under the impression it was bad."

"Ah yes, Vivian doesn't believe magic controlled by emotions is safe or healthy. It's why she values that library beneath the school so much and why she's not as powerful as she could be. She doesn't realise that she's also limiting all her students."

"Well, I guess that makes sense. The school is meant to control powers, not make people overpowered." Historia could see sense in The Dean's ramblings, but it was unfair to not defend the woman who offered her refuge here.

"In my teaching, however, that is what we'll focus on."

"Are you sure that's safe?"

"Of course, we'll start small with the interaction behind me."