fifteen ➳ abduction☑️

After finishing her talk with her father, Rhea climbed the stairs which led to the second floor and entered the room where Historia sat on her bed with her head in her hands. At that moment Rhea panicked. She ran to sit at the redhead's side so she could comfort her by rubbing her back and the sides of her arms. Rhea continued the motion as she waited patiently for the redhead to be calm enough to speak.

"I'm guessing really deep things happened back then when Avery and I left?" Rhea asked.

Historia looked up at the blonde girl who had nothing but genuine concern glossed over her eyes. Historia knew Alexis and Liana would disagree with her if she decided to tell the new girl the full story, even though she was about to be plunged into it against her will. So, the redhead breathed in, stalling time for herself as she racked her brain for an alternative explanation.

"You could say that yeah," Historia wiped her eyes and sniffled harshly, "I'm so sorry you had to see me like this," She laughed politely.

"No, don't worry, I uh... I want to help but I don't know how." Rhea removed her hands, "I've just met you and I don't even know what happened." She went to rub the back of her neck awkwardly.

"I was adopted," Historia began her altered explanation, "My parents at birth had to give me away. The excuse was something about keeping me safe because they were rich. I guessed they wanted me away from other people who wanted to threaten their wealth. It had only become safe for me to return home just over a month ago. But ever since then, I've been given so much information about the life I'm supposed to have and such a short time to do things with that information. Liana, the girl you argued with, hated me the most for a pathetic reason too and Alexis..."

"You like them?" Rhea smirked, asking in a teasing tone.

"I wouldn't say that." Historia looked away while she blushed.

"What would you say?"

"That it's a very mild crush, it barely scratches the surface you know?"

"Yeah?" Rhea smiled at the girl, knowing she was lying, "You were right to snap at Liana though; I hope that when you return, she'll have come to her senses. It's stupid to put so much pressure on a person you barely know. What did your parents say about this?"

"He's the whole reason I'm here, it was supposed to be a trip for 'bonding' but that didn't turn out very well."

"How did a trip for bonding land you in my martial arts class?"

"Uh..I...Well..." Historia didn't expect Rhea to ask so many questions and so she wasn't prepared to make up more of her story on the spot.

"I'm quite terrible at protecting myself and because it seemed like Liana and Alexis never wanted to be around me, I figured it was best if I learned for myself."

"Ah, I see..." Rhea looked up and saw that it was nearing the time she needed to meet with her father and gulped before attempting to invite Historia, "I have something that might be able to take your mind off all this and it could be beneficial to your parents."

"I'm all ears."

"Promise to keep it between us?"

"I promise."

"I have something highly illegal in my basement," Rhea whispered.

"Are we going to get high?" Historia whispered back.

"Is that an invitation?" Rhea laughed.

"I don't know. I've never done it before." Historia shyly admitted.