nineteen ➳ the dean part one☑️

Historia paced outside the reinforced metal door her newest friend was being detained behind. The redhead had almost made an indent in the floor she was walking on, as her pacing had lasted for over an hour now while Alexis and Jaylene attempted to explain what happened after the ritual.

"She tried to kill you all?" Historia questioned.

"Mostly Alexis." Jaylene clarified.

"She could probably sense I was the most powerful one in the room. It's a good tactic to take out the strongest one there." Alexis shrugged Jaylene's comment off.

"That's incorrect. You're just old, not powerful," Jaylene joked.

"Take it back before I show you a demonstration," Alexis threatened.

"Okay fine I yield I'm sorry." Jaylene squealed.

"Cut it out," Historia broke them up as she stopped pacing and faced them, "Was she hurt at all? I know if she kept coming after you it must've been hard to control your anger." Historia addressed only Alexis now, it was as if everything else surrounding them fell away.

"You don't know anything about me," Alexis began harshly, but they cleared their throat and fixed their response, "But you are right, it was very provoking. I didn't hurt her, you wouldn't of-...it was pointless to hurt her." Alexis choked back the real reason.

"Thank you. What solutions have you come up with?"

"Vivian says mind control, so I attempted compulsion but she's immune. Liana and Vivian tried brainwashing spells, but she was able to overcome that too. Even Lucifer attempted brainwashing and compulsion and it worked for a while." Jaylene explained.

"Less than a day." Alexis clarified.

"But it was ineffective overall. Liana then suggested that the only supernatural that has power over something created by The Creator was an angel."

Historia's face lit up, "I'm going in to talk to her."

"Are you insane?" Alexis hissed, instantly disagreeing with Historia putting herself in danger.

"Maybe she'll recognise me. But if not, I am a half-angel and could be the solution."

"I've never heard an idea so incredibly ridiculous." Alexis disagreed.

"But we're out of options." Jaylene pointed out quietly, still anxious that the vampire would kick her head clean off her neck at any second.

"Why would you not discourage this?"

"Calm your boxers dude."

"Then I'll come with you." Alexis turned to Historia.

"Bad idea, Rhea seems very violent around you, if you are worried about me getting hurt then coming with me will do the exact opposite of what you want. I'll be fine Alexis." Historia reassured as she looked deep into Alexis' golden orbs. Once again, the rest of the world fell away and she was sucked into a void where only her and Alexis mattered

Very quickly the tension that usually formed around them returned and Jaylene noticed. As much as she was an advocate for their...relationship it was still awkward being caught right in the middle of their longing stares at each other.

Jaylene cleared her throat, prompting Alexis to cross their arms and grunt. Historia took this as an acceptance of the situation at hand and turned around to open the metal door leading into the church.

The girl timidly walked into the dimly lit church, most of the light only coming from the window in the roof Alexis requested for Rhea.

"Are you here to torture me again?" Rhea spoke from the shadows, "Because if you want to get anything out of me a bit of food would've been nice."