sixteen ➳ ritual☑️

Liana pulled up to the driveway in front of The Luciano's mansion. The two girls were still knocked out as the rest of the group exited the car to take them out. Alexis opened the door and carefully lifted Historia into their arms, hoping they were gentle enough to keep her from stirring awake. However, luck wasn't on the vampire's side. As the vampire walked up the stairs and stepped into the mansion, Historia began to move and grumble in their arms. First, the girl smelt alcohol, tons of it, and she scrunched her nose away from it. Past the alcohol though, Historia could faintly smell baby powder again. It was a scent she had associated early on with Alexis.

However, the current situation made no sense to the redhead. The last thing she remembered was the very awkward encounter she had with Rhea's dad and wishing, begging even, for somebody to come and save her. She initially had no preference for who she wanted to save her but as she thought longer, she realised that she may have subconsciously wanted that someone to be Alexis. Another last-minute detail which came to mind was the fact that she was with Rhea, who was nowhere to be seen.

"LET GO OF ME! SOMEBODY HELP I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!" A new voice screamed at the top of its lungs.

Alexis' attention turned towards the car where they saw Rhea fighting against the restraint Jaylene was trying to force onto her. the vampire sighed in annoyance before and they sped back, placing Historia on her feet carefully before providing support for Jaylene. Rhea had been awake for a while in the trunk of the car and was waiting for the right moment to strike. When Jaylene had opened the boot, the girl jumped out, kicking the younger vampire in the face and sending her stumbling backwards. Liana was thankfully there to neutralise the situation.

"Wait, I know you," Rhea recognised Liana and then Alexis, "You're Historia's bodyguards...why am I here? Where's Historia?" Rhea was frantic as she questioned her new surroundings.

Historia ran after Alexis, not appreciative of the fact that she was left on her own. The girl rounded the corner and came into Rhea's line of view next.

"Historia, what's going on?" Rhea asked, still wary of all the others crowded around her.

"I'm sorry for not explaining everything to you first but you have to trust me. I'm not here to hurt you, we just need to get you inside and then everything will make sense."

Rhea looked at Liana and then at Alexis again. She was wary of them both still even if Historia now seemed to trust them. Yet, for some reason, she couldn't say no to the redhead so slowly she nodded, agreeing to Historia's request.

Jaylene, who was still holding her forehead in pain, closed the boot and as a group, they ascended the stairs. Alexis had so far avoided talking to Historia since being back, even though the redhead expected it, the gesture still stung her heart. It was obvious at this moment she wasn't going to get any answers out of Alexis so settled for the person who couldn't keep a secret to save a life. Historia fell back within the formation she had taken in the group until she reached the talkative young vampire in question. Jaylene noticed her sly movements but said nothing until the redhead began to tug on her arm.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"I think Liana and Alexis made some sort of truce because of you. Then I got sent out to fetch you guys because Vivian and Lucifer caught the moles but then you weren't with them, so we had to track you down. Then we arrived at Rhea's place, and they smelled The Dean and a Hunter or whatever, so of course, your one true love goes into panic mode and tries to bust in without a plan to save you. But Liana was like no! So they argued, and Alexis almost killed Liana but I healed her of course, and then the arguing stopped because I came up with the idea to knock everyone in the house out with gas and it worked so we pulled you and Rhea out and now we're here."