seven ➳ a love-struck hybrid☑️

"Another hybrid?" Jaylene asked, taking another large bite from the chicken and bacon sandwich she made herself for lunch.

The week had passed relatively quickly, and Historia was able to get through all her classes without any interruptions by new visions or dreams. It had been a week since she talked to Alexis too. To Historia's disappointment, the vampire didn't come and talk to her the next day, it seemed they were avoiding her. In the back of the redhead's mind, she had hoped Alexis would come around soon.

In the meantime, she had spent the week pondering over whether or not to tell Jaylene the full events of what happened when she returned to her sister. So far, Jaylene had proven herself to be the closest and friendliest supernatural at this school to Historia other than Victoria who dropped in now and then to check on Historia's progress settling in. Victoria wasn't yet ready to be regarded as a friend because she was always too busy teaching her classes.

The day was calm and peaceful, and they didn't have much planned which is why Historia took today as the perfect time to spring the events of the last week on Jaylene. The younger vampire was as shocked as anybody else would be, at points she laughed at the plot twists that had revealed themselves to Historia.

"Another Hybrid that used to be in love with Alexis?" She tried piecing small bits together. All the information was too much for Historia to handle at once, so she didn't rush or nag Jaylene to hurry it up.

"Yes..."

"That hybrid was tortured for years because The Dean was afraid of the power she held?"

"Yes..."

"And to do with your sister...she wasn't your sister, just an angel assigned to you to keep you from unleashing the power inside you because you might be a fully-fledged demon god or something because the creator was wise enough to kill your mum upsetting the balance of your powers."

"Wow, you're understanding this pretty well."

"When your sister tried to keep you from coming back to the school and when she attacked your one true love, that's when you went all demon on her."

"Alexis isn't my one true love."

"I could've been talking about Liberty, you idiot."

"Oh,"

"Ooh, you're in love," Jaylene teased.

"Shut up Jaylene."

"You said you saw The Headmistress too in your vision, right?"

"Yes, it was...weird and personal. I think Alexis would behead me if I told them what I saw."

"I think they would behead you for keeping most of this secret for so long."

"In a way, it serves them right for completely blowing me off."

"Hey now, we've got to keep you calm. We've established that anger is a trigger."

"I'm not angry Jaylene, I'm upset. I wanted them to stay, and I thought mentioning Hetaera would do that, but it only seemed to push them away even more."

"That's so gay, what's wrong with you?" Jaylene laughed.

"I'm going to ignore that."

"This is Alexis we're talking about; they probably need to brood for a while before coming back and facing a past love. I mean you've spent a lot of time with them lately, you know how terrible they are when it comes to emotions other than flirting and anger."

"They haven't flirted with me."

"Oh please, you guys were all over each other at lunch with The Headmistress, and again in class, and the way they shooed us all out of your room on Monday...Probably so they could tuck you in and kiss you goodnight."