60. Beam (Part 1)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Forth, feeling his eyes on him, turned to stare back at him with soft eyes, holding his gaze. Then suddenly, he reached his hand to caress Beam's cheek, startling him who jumped back in shock.

"What?"

Forth blinked. He let out a sigh and pulled his hand back. "I'm sorry. I... did you cry? What happened?" He asked softly and now was Beam's turn to blink and wonder. Yet again.

Who is this guy really? Who?

But the walls around his heart constricted it. So he pursed his lips, eyes clear as crystal and Forth sighed in defeat, knowing well enough the walls were up for him, yet again.

He sighed and leaned back to look at his sister in law. "Its alright. You don't need to share anything with me. And I'm sorry for touching you just now, I just..." he sighed again. "I'm sorry"

Beam smiled bitterly at that and shook his head.

Forth stared at face. He was sure Beam had been crying. The Beam he knew would not cry. Ever. He knew for sure. He would not cry for himself. So that only meant one thing.

"Kao isn't getting any better?" He asked quietly and Beam went still for a moment before looking away from the guy, not wanting to show him the pain he felt.

Forth sighed, he straightened up and leaned back into the bench, hands clasped tightly together and placed in between his thighs, eyes fixed on his sister in law.

"Are you okay, Beam?" He asked softly and heard Beam scoff.

"I was before you intruded on my peace!" Beam bit back.

And it was Forth's turn to scoff. "If you were, you would not be crying! I may not grasp the extent of your love for your brother but I have seen it, in your eyes and your actions and I have seen the pain you're dealing with! I have seen you in pain. So if you are in pain, just say so. Maybe, seeing Kao's pain, you have forgotten your own but I haven't. And I don't want you to be alone in it"

"Why?" Beam asked.

Forth stared into his eyes. "You know why" he said quietly and Beam was quiet, just staring at him with unreadable eyes before looking away with a huff while Forth looked down.

He felt such awkwardness and tension between them and despite being who he was, despite being the ever confident bi player who need not even invite people to have his way with them, being the devil whose reputation preceded him yet people still throw themselves at him, the satan named Forth Jathurapoom Jamhornum as his peers called him, he was beyond nervous. Ever since that night at the hospital, ever since he learned more about Beam and laid his soul out open in front of the guy, this nervousness and anticipation was all he ever felt. And the need to love Beam.

That need had been there all along, he knew, it was always there ever since he met the cold, reserved guy for the very first time. The guy who did not even spare a glance to him, who was not bothered by his surrounding, who did not even bother exchanging pleasantries, not even joked or smiled at his so called friends, who only drank or passed slight smirks at the girls who flirted with him till he found one he liked to spend the night with, who only ever bothered to tease and laugh at Kit and no one else, who even spoke to Pha only when necessary. But then there were times he found Beam alone with Kit, laughing and teasing the shit out of the guy and then running away from his as he chased to hit him. He still closed his eyes and remembered that face of a laughing Beam, with his eyes warm and happy and not cold like death,

That guy had always intrigued him. Always. He was not cute and fragile like the boys Forth liked, he was not open or friendly and he seemed too straight yet he was always the sole focus of Forth whenever he joined Pha and Kit for drinks. If only he'd been true to the feeling, if only he actually understood what he felt, he wouldn't let his ego cause him to chase Phana's lover and then betting on getting Beam in bed after failing to snatch Wayo from Pha.