Seer eyes

Mirabel is excited to open her door. Today she is giving a gift! Wil she have a gift like her Mama? Or maybe something with music? Oh she hopes she can fly that will be wonderful!

Whatever it is she hope it's nice.

————————————————————

"I don't want this! I don't want this! Tio makes it stop. PLEASE!" Mirabel sobs into her uncle's chest.

The gift she got was like her uncle's. Kind of. While her uncle can see the future see can see the past. When she first open her door she eyes glowed, hers being red. Images and images appear in her head. War, murder, births, death, the history of all of Encanto and the childhood of her family and her Abuela.

While her uncle has a table of emerald she got a table made of red agate. While her uncle has sand in his room she has water. Her room look like the ocean or maybe e beach? Tons of water and her bed and belongs are high in the air, hanging. She feel like a princess in a town or a light keeper.

She spend the rest of the night crying. The headache, the visions and the sounds. It hurts.

That night her parents and her uncle comfort her, and Bruno try to teach Mirabel how to deal with the visions. Maybe because she the past the town won't see her as a monster? As bad luck?

Part of Bruno wanted to run away, his bad luck curse his youngest niece. She was pure and innocent and he ruined her wit his bad luck. Now she was curse to share the same fate as him.

"Don't be silly Bruno. Both you nor Mirabel are bad luck. Hey maybe now that the town know that Mirabel has a similar gift like you they'll treat you better?" Julieta try to comfort her brother and daughter.

Bruno shrug. "Hopefully..."

————————————————————

The next week Mirabel has tables and tables drop into her hands. It seem like everyone and everything has a history and everywhere she looks she get a vision.

"It was like that for me too. Animals, humans, plants. I saw all their future. It stops a month later."

Mirabel let out a strained hum. She and Bruno were outside, Bruno told her that for the first month is will be hard and that exposer the the land will make the vision come and leave faster. He know that the hard way.

No one ask for a vision form Mirabel. What was the point? She saw the past. The only ones seem interested in the girls powers was widowers and grieving family who want a tablet of their love ones. That and younger kids who want tables to cheat on tests.

The other tables that wasn't being giving away Mirabel used. She broken them and ground them up and try to make jewelry out of them. She weave them into her outfit and or to make art pieces. Bruno thought that was a wonderful idea. (He only breaks his table or keeps them.)

————————————————————

Mirabel was in her room, lazy moving her foot in the water. Her room seem to shift. One day her room is a lighthouse, the next it's a cabin above a hill looking out to the ocean. The only things that stay the same was the water and her belongings.

Mirabel wonder how deep the water went? Did it lead to the actual ocean? If she swam out would she leave her house and end up somewhere else? Is the cabin on the hill somewhere outside of the Encanto? Were there sea animals in the water? Mermaids? Pirates?

She told these theories to her sisters and cousins. One she was older and braver the group decided to test her theory. Maybe one her 6 birthday. That when she older!

She fell asleep to the sound of the waves crashing onto rocks.